Advertising on Brochures, Postcards, Flyers Etc... INC. LLC Rules

iiinycboi

Guru
100+ Post Club
Does anyone know the rule for advertising your business name?

Say i am XYZ Insurance Brokerage Inc.

Do i have to put the Inc. on my business cards, postcards, building sign etc...

i don't thing you need the inc. but if you are printing any thing, but a generic flyer. you will need company approval.

NY has pretty specific rules about that stuff.

I'm doing some research but i can't find any regulations/rules for advertising these things. I know the real estate sign has specific guidelines but not so sure about general business advertisement.

I forget the exact rules, but I believe you have to have state approval on any materials akin to CMS approval.

Many carriers have pre-approved advertisements such as postcards, mailers, etc... All you need to do is take the pdf to a print shop and have your info put on. I would contact your carrier's marketing team. This is the safest thing to do.

Unless you are doing something very generic - "Buy life insurance from me", etc...

Don't put rates, specifics or company info on anything that you produce yourself.

I would like to just advertise my own company that we are a brokerage in your area.

Just need to know if i need to put the INC. on my advertisements. For example

If i am XYZ Insurance Agency Inc. or XYZ Insurance Agency LLC

for my post cards that i send out do i have to put the INC or LLC after XYZ Insurance Agency on the postcards?

Unfortunately I don’t know the specific laws for New York. That being said if you contact your closest courthouse they might be able to help you out a bit more.

Could you set up a DBA? Nycobi Inc. DBA Nycobi. Just an idea, not a qualified response.

Unfortunately I don’t know the specific laws for New York. That being said if you contact your closest courthouse they might be able to help you out a bit more.

Courthouse won't help, it's the DOI I'd be worried about.

Back