Advice for New Agents - Marketing and Lead Generation

Instead of paying $7 or 8 for a lead, make yourself a simple flyer/mass email/letterhead and offer a $5 starbucks card if you can't save them money after you quote em'. Weve had great success with that!

Instead of paying $7 or 8 for a lead, make yourself a simple flyer/mass email/letterhead and offer a $5 starbucks card if you can't save them money after you quote em'. Weve had great success with that!

How do you know if you are saving them money? Do you make them show you the current policy in the initial fact finder? WHat if you are selling them via phone?
It is an interesting idea as if you say have something like 5000 door hangers made - for like $300 and get 50 appointments/calls (I would hope for a better response) from that makes your lead cost $6 each - then another $5 if you can't beat the price.

One would have to start small to create a good campaign. For instance, you would want to guarantee yourself a 10% minimum response rate, which would mean 500 people out of the 5000 door hangers. Instead of creating 5000 flyers out of the blue, make 200-300 and gauge the response. Don't visit just one neighborhood either, spread them out so you really get a good feel for how good your flyer is. This way your ROI will be much better at 5000 flyers when you can get 500-1000 people to respond to your ad. For us at Prostar Insurance, we get about 80% of the quotes we make for preferred clients. Therefore, we can be confident in campaigning a 5 or even 10 dollar gift card to our potential clients. We ask them to send us info from their previous policy and then if that premium is lower, we can send it off

I think this might work well on the independent side. As for me on the captive side, I sometimes have to quote 10 to beat 1

You can lose your license I believe for offering them a "gift"

Would be damn rare. The only policies I can think of where that isn't allowable is medicare, and I still think you're ok there as long as it isn't cash value or a gift card and you give them to people regardless of if they buy or not.

This is true in most states if they sign up because of the gift. However this is what was said "offer a $5 starbucks card if you can't save them money after you quote em"

I believe its legal to offer a gift if you are not writing the client.

This is true in most states if they sign up because of the gift. However this is what was said "offer a $5 starbucks card if you can't save them money after you quote em"

I believe its legal to offer a gift if you are not writing the client.

Its actually the opposite here, you'd have to offer the gift in all instances, and it could not be something used to buy food or drink or convertible to cash value or a gift card carrying cash value for medicare products, period. Pretty sure that's a summary of the CMS guidelines nationwide, other than the rules about educational and non educational events and food. I think there must have been a golden age of enticing seniors to sign up for MA policies using an all-you-can-eat buffet system that I missed out on. Otherwise I don't think they give a damn what you give away, long as you aren't rebating cash to lower their premiums.

Back