Advice Needed on how to Increase Sales and Future Goals

KristinaMason

I am fairly new to this forum but i have been reading and studying many threads and have already learn a lot. However I am wanting to know more and grown.

Currently I am working for a State Farm agent, I hold a P&C license as well as LHA. I have worked for a few State Farm agents in the past over about a 5 year period and then about a year in a half with an independent agent. After moving to a different state I am back with State Farm. My current agent is older and a more established office. He does not invest in leads so all new business is either through cold calling or pivoting. Which after being there for about two months it appears that the other office staff do not do any cold call and very little pivoting. Most of the day is spent for them waiting on the phone to ring.

I have a five year plan, I would like to have my own agency. Although I am not sure if i want to be a captive agent or go the independent road( sense I have worked in both areas I see advantages and disadvantages of both). I have seen many people advise to find a niche which i am currently do a lot of P&C and life and would like to continue in those areas. Looking for advise on how to increase sales without leads as well as agency ownership in the future.

I would like to thank all in advance for their input and advice!

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to assume that when you say 'pivot' you mean 'cross-selling' an additional policy?

Okay, here's my advice regarding increasing sales:

1) Increase the level of service to the existing book of business while exposing them to more of what your firm can offer. I would recommend using the Virtual Sales Assistant Priority Planning Review method. (You can subscribe for free for 30 days, then it's only $23.95/month.)

By doing this, you will be providing a higher level of service and exposing your clients to additional problems that you can help them solve.

2) You will need to learn to cultivate referrals to help grow the client base. I highly recommend Sandy Schussel's Mastering Client Referrals course for only $37.

I have no knowledge on how to help you with agency ownership or on how to become an independent P&C agent, but to increase sales & service to your existing book of business, the above should help.

----------

Oh, here's a way to 'script' your way to bring up other insurance products:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjU6PwrnCiw

Back