Advice Needed on Insurance Question from Employer's Insurance

interact9

Hi all. I’d be hugely appreciative for anybody’s assistance on a topic. Earlier this year I had an accident on my bicycle on the way to work in the morning on some ice and injured myself. I was out of work for 3 weeks. The insurance company (My employer’s insurer, not my personal insurance) contacted me asking for details regarding the time and location of the accident which I provided.

Now they are writing me to provide two more things:
A more detailed map including the route I took on my way to work.
A reason (Private or Professional) why I was not coming from my registered residence.

I was staying in a friends house as my roommates had family visiting so they asked if they could use my room for a few nights. I have no problem providing a more detailed map but my question is around the wording of private or professional reasons for taking a different route to work and what it might mean to answer one way or another.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

TL/DR: Unsure how to answer insurance company asking for private or professional reasons regarding the route I took to work.

You haven't indicated what kind of insurance. Health insurance, workers comp, disability (long or short term)?

Back