Advice-New Broker Looking for a Company to Work for

Dvdman

Expert
I am new to the forum. I live in Chicago and just got my health insurance license 4 months ago. I am leaving a company because the payout structure was too low. For BCBS they were paying 2% and the 1% the 4th year. I just found out BCBS pays 6/4. I am new so I need to go work for someone with experience and leads. Maybe a bigger name company. It is open enrollment so I need to move fast. Are these companies all the same? I feel like they are all going to give me a split of 3/1 or 2/1. My question is......is it better to be on my own and get 6/4 commission (buy my own leads) or work for bigger companies that offers more in return such as leads and help? Any advice would be great. Thanks!

I am new to the forum. I live in Chicago and just got my health insurance license 4 months ago. I am leaving a company because the payout structure was too low. For BCBS they were paying 2% and the 1% the 4th year. I just found out BCBS pays 6/4. I am new so I need to go work for someone with experience and leads. Maybe a bigger name company. It is open enrollment so I need to move fast. Are these companies all the same? I feel like they are all going to give me a split of 3/1 or 2/1. My question is......is it better to be on my own and get 6/4 commission (buy my own leads) or work for bigger companies that offers more in return such as leads and help? Any advice would be great. Thanks!

My advice is to find another job, you are already too late to do anything during this compressed OEP

I know. I don't know what to do. I can't believe a company can justify a 2/1 cut as fair.

I just hired someone with the EXACT same complaint so it is more common than you might think. If you want to add Life Ins while you are waiting it is highly lucrative. Esp right now. Everyone is either dying, getting fired or getting sick and as a life ins agent you can help with all of those things. I know it sounds horrible but it's just a fact. Let me know - we'll pay for your prep course.

Hmm... you think he will respond? That post is almost 6 years old. Who knows, he still might be there. :no:

Back