Advice No One Asked for - Should You Buy Leads?

Local area demographics would also play a part. $500k per year+ is a healthy income no matter where you are. However, in certain areas, it doesn't go as far as others, such as San Francisco, New York City, and Washington D.C.

There are less than 2,000 members of the MDRT Top of the Table (requiring $570k+ in income or other business for membership). Assuming 2x as many people are not members, that's only 6,000 agents earning north of $500k. That's certainly a small number of people.

But to say that only those who are earning north of $500k per year is "good money"... is rather short sighted. Not everyone has 7-figure annual earnings as a goal, nor the skills to earn such income/production.

Local area demographics would also play a part. $500k per year+ is a healthy income no matter where you are. However, in certain areas, it doesn't go as far as others, such as San Francisco, New York City, and Washington D.C.

There are less than 2,000 members of the MDRT Top of the Table (requiring $570k+ in income or other business for membership). Assuming 2x as many people are not members, that's only 6,000 agents earning north of $500k. That's certainly a small number of people.

But to say that only those who are earning north of $500k per year is "good money"... is rather short sighted. Not everyone has 7-figure annual earnings as a goal, nor the skills to earn such income/production.

He asked me "what I thought" was good money..... I gave him my answer. I'm certain that there are those who think $30K is good money. Not everyone shares the same opinions. Agreed? ;)

He asked me "what I thought" was good money..... I gave him my answer. I'm certain that there are those who think $30K is good money. Not everyone shares the same opinions. Agreed? ;)

Objectively $30k is well below average. A lot of agents here, new and old, would be happy to thrilled with anything north of $100k. Average salary for an insurance agent is $48,200/year with the top 10% at $122,590. (Insurance Sales Agent Salary Information | US News Best Jobs)

If the agent population on here is reflective of the industry as a whole, 90% make LESS than $123k/year. Maybe to you $150k/year isn't great money, but it does put someone at the top 10%.

More to the point, a lot of folks on here are looking for ways to improve THEIR income and THEIR business. I shared with you a few examples of how folks are doing.

Would you like to share your income and how you're doing it?

Objectively $30k is well below average. A lot of agents here, new and old, would be happy to thrilled with anything north of $100k. Average salary for an insurance agent is $48,200/year with the top 10% at $122,590. (Insurance Sales Agent Salary Information | US News Best Jobs)

If the agent population on here is reflective of the industry as a whole, 90% make LESS than $123k/year. Maybe to you $150k/year isn't great money, but it does put someone at the top 10%.

More to the point, a lot of folks on here are looking for ways to improve THEIR income and THEIR business. I shared with you a few examples of how folks are doing.

Would you like to share your income and how you're doing it?

No sir, I sure wouldn't.

I'm primarily in SEO and do PPC as well. For internet leads to work well, you need them to have buyer intent. You're not going to have much use from someone who types in "insurance," in the search engines and be done with it. It's much better to get a visit to someone who is searching for "buy disability insurance online," as the intent is pretty clear.

Targeting the right keywords is key to sort through internet leads.

Just curious....why did you wait nearly 2 weeks to make a fool out of yourself? That said, the word is spelled "you" and not "u" :swoon: Of course you're on welfare! :D

Wait two weeks? I read the thread this afternoon for the first time. Responded to ur idiocy immediately.

Of course when u make >$500k per yr u don't have a lot of time to waste reading forum posts.

Saves valuable time to shave off a few letters per word.

I did not graduate from Brandeis University and Boston University School of Law to end up on welfare, either. I do not think I saw you in either commencement ceremony

Wait two weeks? I read the thread this afternoon for the first time. Responded to ur idiocy immediately.

Of course when u make >$500k per yr u don't have a lot of time to waste reading forum posts.

Saves valuable time to shave off a few letters per word.

I did not graduate from Brandeis University and Boston University School of Law to end up on welfare, either. I do not think I saw you in either commencement ceremony

Of course you did Skippy....hold on, I'll get you a bigger shovel. :D:D:D:swoon:

Latest posts

Back