Advice No One Asked for - Should You Buy Leads?

If I were to starting new and didn't have marketing money, l would work as a producer selling for an indy personal lines P&C agency.

Easiest lead to self-generate, and quickest way to create a lot of quoting activity.

You still have to get good at quoting, closing for the appointment, presenting and binding, but you can gather 30-60 leads a week canvassing a few hours a night and on weekends, to give you plenty of practice.

And I would cross-sell term. It's an easy add-on that will help you get through the early years of building a book.

Then I would slowly remove myself from lead generation by training someone else to do it, or outsource it as soon as I could barely afford it, and focus 100% on running appointments.

Yes. Buy leads if you can afford it, even after a week or two of bad returns.

Time is money!

It would appear that buying leads(if you can afford it) can be a good idea especially if the agent and is a good closer. At least one person in this thread likes aged leads as some people may want to be requoted. What about direct mail campaigns for the senior market?

It would appear that buying leads(if you can afford it) can be a good idea especially if the agent and is a good closer. At least one person in this thread likes aged leads as some people may want to be requoted. What about direct mail campaigns for the senior market?

Direct mail does not work for LTC; not sure if it works for MedSupps or FE?

Should never have to "close" or "sell" anything.

Best advice is to build website/blog and generate good content so that you receive inbound calls from consumers seeking you out for help and advice rather than resorting to buying leads which require you to make outbound calls. You do not want to be "selling." You want consumers to be calling you and buying from you/asking you to get insurance coverage for them. You should never have to ask for any business, nor should you ever have to make calls or sales presentations.

Direct mail does not work for LTC; not sure if it works for MedSupps or FE?

Should never have to "close" or "sell" anything.

Best advice is to build website/blog and generate good content so that you receive inbound calls from consumers seeking you out for help and advice rather than resorting to buying leads which require you to make outbound calls. You do not want to be "selling." You want consumers to be calling you and buying from you/asking you to get insurance coverage for them. You should never have to ask for any business, nor should you ever have to make calls or sales presentations.

I am beginning to think running AdWords campaigns using either a company landing page with my contact info or my own site may be better than buying leads at $15/peice

Back