Advice on a Placement Role with 4 New Producers

Placementkid

Expert
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or words of wisdom to share with me. I have recently started working in small business placement, under $25k. I have 4 "new to the business" producers working with me and I'm wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on working with them.

It just happens that I'm younger or as young as these producers, but I have a few more years in the business than they do.

Some of the things that we struggle with on a daily basis are some of the basics, inspecting properties before requesting quotes, understanding what coverage to request, making the most of their target markets, etc...

Basically, I'm looking for anyone who might know of some good reads, programs or maybe share personal experiences and any advice for me in my new role in placing with multiple carriers.

Transferring from an AE myself over to placement has been difficult only on the AMS side of things. The system can be cumbersome at times and knowing exactly when to do certain things is proving to be critical for me.

Just glanced at this, but what are you asking. What do you mean by "inspecting property before requesting quotes"...what lines of biz/sic are you going after?

Your saying small business placement under 25k, but are you looking at the whole package, just comp, just BOP, CPP? You want to inspect a place before even asking to quote? Or are you saying you inspect before submitting to try and match carriers to the prospect?

If you are going into the place (not phone, email, mail marketing) you can get a great idea on how the operation is ran by the lobby, just looking around. I've walked into places and it was a PIG Pin for sure, pop bottles, candy wrappers, pizza box'es, empty bads, etc everywhere, Easter decorations up still (it was July), over weight employee and owner (not that it matters, but looking at how sloppy everything else was, it just made matters worse). I walked in, introduced myself, said I forgot a card and left. If they are like that in the office, imagine how unorganized everything else about the business it. Worst part is, this is in a very affluent market - one of the wealthiest cities in Michigan. That was a place if I brought a companies Field UW in they would have said, no, I mean if there was a fire, it would have been hard to get out safely, that's how bad it was.

Back