Advice on Leaving Agency (IMO)

VoxRatioXXI

I am brand new to the business and want to begin by saying, I believe this can be an absolutely fantastic business given the right attitude, skill sets, and opportunity. I've had my license for a few months and was heavily recruited by SFG. I've gone thru the contracting process with them and am contracted with MOO, AmAm, and a few others. I have yet to sell my first policy. I've called leads that have literally passed thru 4 or 5 hands before they got to me, and in some cases are well over a year old. I got into this business to help people, and write business. I am not casting stones at SFG as obviously this is a successful business model for some, but I have come to the conclusion that it simply isn't for me. From my perspective, they are far more focused on getting people to sign up for conference and recruiting new agents then they are on selling policies, i could be completely wrong but that is my perspective. I would like to go completely independent or perhaps work with another IMO, my question is, how would the carriers I am already contracted with be affected by that. Can I simply leave SFG and remain contracted with the carriers I am already with? I guess what I am saying is in simple terms I want to leave SFG but stay in the insurance business, how do I go about that?

Back