Advice on Office Issues

Krzykatlady

When I first accepted the job, the description was I would be able to go to all the community events, marketing, set up events for the sales team to participate, and office manager. I knew this was a great opportunity for growth and being able to start my future. I took a pay cut so I would be able to do marketing its what I love doing. I didn't get to do much because the company I worked for couldn't afford to let me market more than twice a week.

When I started, i had a book full of ideas and was ready to go, but it wasn't as it seemed. For starters, all of the service work was back up for two months, and I had no complete training on what exactly to do. I was just thrown out there and was told if I had questions to call our company support numbers or ask the current staff members.

I was sent my first week or two to another agents office to sit a couple of hours one day to watch someone. Problem is now, I'm not licensed and can only do so much. Since I was not licensed I had to get the other team members to do the work I wasn't able to do, which makes one aggravated and rude when I ask. My boss brings up that I can do all the marketing as soon as I pass p & c and all service is caught up. I swear I was never told I had to pass that exam, trust me I'm not a good test taker. I wouldn't have gave my notice at my job and took a pay cut to risk getting fired bc I can't pass a test, I would have passed the test and then got the job.

On to the service work, like I said it is so behind and now I have to get everything in order and caught up while maintaining the current stuff. I would get chewed up for not seeing something "quick enough", but it was there before I got there. While I'm trying to catch the past up because no one else bothered to they are slamming me with more stuff to do. There is this one coworker that is a straight jerk to me. I would ask for help and the staff member would straight up flip out and tell me to call the support team. So I would get a list up of people to call at once, so I wouldn't have to sit on hold for just one person and the staff member would flip out saying to just ask.

Another problem I have is lunch breaks. I know I'm on salary, but work starts at 9 and we close at 5. If I take the hour lunch break, that our boss says we have each day or honestly just one day when I get back they get all whiny. When I took the job I explained that there is one day out of the week that I go to lunch with my family and it's across town take 15-20 there and back, that I need a little more time. The boss said it was okay when I accepted the job now he has made remarks about it. Since there is one day out of the week that I take longer for lunch, I grab lunch and eat at my desk on the other days. One day my rude coworker of mine flips out and says that I don't need to be taking a hour and a half breaks for lunch. Like I said, I go and grab my food and eat at my desk on everyday but one day I eat with family. I didn't say anything back because it's not my place.

After that comment, I always make sure that they hear me say I'm going to lunch with my family it will take longer than an hour but it was approved by our boss. Almost everytime I remind them on the same day of the week of my lunch I get a smart remark back saying, we don't need you anyways we made it work without you before. ("Well obviously, you need me because the office is behind since you all can't make it work without me" -is what I dream and want to say back)

I never wanted to tell my boss I was having a problem with a coworker. I didn't want to believe it was a problem and of course I don't want my boss to fire me. You are probably think why would my boss fire me. Well I'm not a producer, and that team member is one of the ones that makes my boss a lot of money. If it came down to it, would you or your agent fire someone who wasn't producing more money just maintaining the current customers, wasn't licensed and has problems with the one that does make you or your agent a lot of money. I finally told my boss that my coworker is treats me like dirty, my boss said that the coworker has an attitude problem even customers have mentioned it and some have left bc of the attitude protrayed towards them. Still it continues my coworker is beyond ugly to me. Once The coworker told me I was dumb, how could I not figure this out. This took place during my first two months. (This coworker of mine is an aspiring agent and if becomes an agent, my boss gets a bonus. The coworker is a spoiled little rich kid, who thinks evrything should be their way or no way.)

During the prelicensing they said don't watch the videos just read through paperwork, so I did that causing me to fail since now I know that's not the way I need to study. My boss called me in the office and said if I couldn't pass the test I would be let go so now I have more pressure on me. My boss even mentioned that I was the highest paid in my position and after I pass my licensing test we would sit down and work me out some ways for bonuses. My next test was coming up and my coworkers mentioned helping me study and I was excited. I felt like maybe I will get treated like I was really apart of the team. Well I got ignored everytime I would mention helping me. I quit bringing it up because I found someone who would actually take the test with me and study with me. During my studies my rude coworker randomly sends me a messaged. Telling me they could help me study but I had to do them a favor. Now these messaged disappear after reading them it's an app that we younger folks are using. My coworker wrote me again and said i can make you pass and of course now I'm interested so I said how. My coworker said that if I could pretty much do sexual favors once a week my coworker will make me understand insurance. May I remind you I don't have anyway to keep these messages. If I screen shot them, it alerts my coworker and even if I did tell my boss who would get fired ?

I ended up passing my licensing exam and now have my licenses. My coworkers and boss said now I do rewrites (come to find out we get nothing for rewrites) My boss again mentioned waiting me to make bonuses, but said it will adjust my salary since I'll be getting bonuses. I wouldn't mine being a producer, but that means either no more service work for me or everyone pitches in for service work. I don't think it would be right to adjust my pay for me to do more work. I do billing, service work, all of the customer service work, filing claims, answer majority of all calls first and then transfer them to the producers. After the customer signs the proper documentation they drop it off at my desk. Some of it that they should have completed before giving to me, so I gotta stop what I'm doing to look up the info that they had right in front of them. Oh and 9 times out of 10 the service work is simple stuff like: who was the driver in the accident on whatever day, drivers license needed, vin was incorrect, driver assignment wasn't changed when one vehicle was canceled. Oh and this is the fun one, they sign someone up for billing where we can draft out of the account (that way so they don't have to put a deposit down just pay for that month.) so the following month if we draft and they didn't want that I get cussed out. I explain that if they don't want us to pull out of account they have to pay the deposit so I end up get cussed out again because the producer didn't explain it to them. If they would just explain everything and get the correct info from the customers instead of just pushing a sale throw then we wouldn't have all these service problems. I mentioned it in a team mean once day and my coworker snapped at me saying that's what the boss pays you to do and my boss laughed.

Let me tell you about me, I've been biting my tounge for a long time. I don't believe in having problems in the work place and I was raised that your coworkers are your family so treat them with respect. I haven't said anything out of line. Im tired of being mistreated and not appreciated. Before I took this job, I was in sales and I did an awesome job always hitting my quotas. Was only cussed out twice during the 2.5 years I worked there for something that was out of my control. I'm just frustrated. i make about 25k and heard of other offices in the area making 35k to 52k. I still haven't been able to even do the marketing that he said I was going to be able to do. If I go look at other offices to transfer too, then I look like I give up on my team. Plus if they tell my boss I applied and then my boss fired me because I applied at one of my bosses buddies offices.

Hopefully someone read all this and can get me some sort of advice. Sorry it's long.

When I first accepted the job, the description was I would be able to go to all the community events, marketing, set up events for the sales team to participate, and office manager. I knew this was a great opportunity for growth and being able to start my future. I took a pay cut so I would be able to do marketing its what I love doing. I didn't get to do much because the company I worked for couldn't afford to let me market more than twice a week.

When I started, i had a book full of ideas and was ready to go, but it wasn't as it seemed. For starters, all of the service work was back up for two months, and I had no complete training on what exactly to do. I was just thrown out there and was told if I had questions to call our company support numbers or ask the current staff members.

I was sent my first week or two to another agents office to sit a couple of hours one day to watch someone. Problem is now, I'm not licensed and can only do so much. Since I was not licensed I had to get the other team members to do the work I wasn't able to do, which makes one aggravated and rude when I ask. My boss brings up that I can do all the marketing as soon as I pass p & c and all service is caught up. I swear I was never told I had to pass that exam, trust me I'm not a good test taker. I wouldn't have gave my notice at my job and took a pay cut to risk getting fired bc I can't pass a test, I would have passed the test and then got the job.

On to the service work, like I said it is so behind and now I have to get everything in order and caught up while maintaining the current stuff. I would get chewed up for not seeing something "quick enough", but it was there before I got there. While I'm trying to catch the past up because no one else bothered to they are slamming me with more stuff to do. There is this one coworker that is a straight jerk to me. I would ask for help and the staff member would straight up flip out and tell me to call the support team. So I would get a list up of people to call at once, so I wouldn't have to sit on hold for just one person and the staff member would flip out saying to just ask.

Another problem I have is lunch breaks. I know I'm on salary, but work starts at 9 and we close at 5. If I take the hour lunch break, that our boss says we have each day or honestly just one day when I get back they get all whiny. When I took the job I explained that there is one day out of the week that I go to lunch with my family and it's across town take 15-20 there and back, that I need a little more time. The boss said it was okay when I accepted the job now he has made remarks about it. Since there is one day out of the week that I take longer for lunch, I grab lunch and eat at my desk on the other days. One day my rude coworker of mine flips out and says that I don't need to be taking a hour and a half breaks for lunch. Like I said, I go and grab my food and eat at my desk on everyday but one day I eat with family. I didn't say anything back because it's not my place.

After that comment, I always make sure that they hear me say I'm going to lunch with my family it will take longer than an hour but it was approved by our boss. Almost everytime I remind them on the same day of the week of my lunch I get a smart remark back saying, we don't need you anyways we made it work without you before. ("Well obviously, you need me because the office is behind since you all can't make it work without me" -is what I dream and want to say back)

I never wanted to tell my boss I was having a problem with a coworker. I didn't want to believe it was a problem and of course I don't want my boss to fire me. You are probably think why would my boss fire me. Well I'm not a producer, and that team member is one of the ones that makes my boss a lot of money. If it came down to it, would you or your agent fire someone who wasn't producing more money just maintaining the current customers, wasn't licensed and has problems with the one that does make you or your agent a lot of money. I finally told my boss that my coworker is treats me like dirty, my boss said that the coworker has an attitude problem even customers have mentioned it and some have left bc of the attitude protrayed towards them. Still it continues my coworker is beyond ugly to me. Once The coworker told me I was dumb, how could I not figure this out. This took place during my first two months. (This coworker of mine is an aspiring agent and if becomes an agent, my boss gets a bonus. The coworker is a spoiled little rich kid, who thinks evrything should be their way or no way.)

During the prelicensing they said don't watch the videos just read through paperwork, so I did that causing me to fail since now I know that's not the way I need to study. My boss called me in the office and said if I couldn't pass the test I would be let go so now I have more pressure on me. My boss even mentioned that I was the highest paid in my position and after I pass my licensing test we would sit down and work me out some ways for bonuses. My next test was coming up and my coworkers mentioned helping me study and I was excited. I felt like maybe I will get treated like I was really apart of the team. Well I got ignored everytime I would mention helping me. I quit bringing it up because I found someone who would actually take the test with me and study with me. During my studies my rude coworker randomly sends me a messaged. Telling me they could help me study but I had to do them a favor. Now these messaged disappear after reading them it's an app that we younger folks are using. My coworker wrote me again and said i can make you pass and of course now I'm interested so I said how. My coworker said that if I could pretty much do sexual favors once a week my coworker will make me understand insurance. May I remind you I don't have anyway to keep these messages. If I screen shot them, it alerts my coworker and even if I did tell my boss who would get fired ?

I ended up passing my licensing exam and now have my licenses. My coworkers and boss said now I do rewrites (come to find out we get nothing for rewrites) My boss again mentioned waiting me to make bonuses, but said it will adjust my salary since I'll be getting bonuses. I wouldn't mine being a producer, but that means either no more service work for me or everyone pitches in for service work. I don't think it would be right to adjust my pay for me to do more work. I do billing, service work, all of the customer service work, filing claims, answer majority of all calls first and then transfer them to the producers. After the customer signs the proper documentation they drop it off at my desk. Some of it that they should have completed before giving to me, so I gotta stop what I'm doing to look up the info that they had right in front of them. Oh and 9 times out of 10 the service work is simple stuff like: who was the driver in the accident on whatever day, drivers license needed, vin was incorrect, driver assignment wasn't changed when one vehicle was canceled. Oh and this is the fun one, they sign someone up for billing where we can draft out of the account (that way so they don't have to put a deposit down just pay for that month.) so the following month if we draft and they didn't want that I get cussed out. I explain that if they don't want us to pull out of account they have to pay the deposit so I end up get cussed out again because the producer didn't explain it to them. If they would just explain everything and get the correct info from the customers instead of just pushing a sale throw then we wouldn't have all these service problems. I mentioned it in a team mean once day and my coworker snapped at me saying that's what the boss pays you to do and my boss laughed.

Let me tell you about me, I've been biting my tounge for a long time. I don't believe in having problems in the work place and I was raised that your coworkers are your family so treat them with respect. I haven't said anything out of line. Im tired of being mistreated and not appreciated. Before I took this job, I was in sales and I did an awesome job always hitting my quotas. Was only cussed out twice during the 2.5 years I worked there for something that was out of my control. I'm just frustrated. i make about 25k and heard of other offices in the area making 35k to 52k. I still haven't been able to even do the marketing that he said I was going to be able to do. If I go look at other offices to transfer too, then I look like I give up on my team. Plus if they tell my boss I applied and then my boss fired me because I applied at one of my bosses buddies offices.

Hopefully someone read all this and can get me some sort of advice. Sorry it's long.

Wowie Kazowie!!! That's the longest post I've ever seen! Even with paragraphs it was hard on the eyes.:chatterbox::twitchy:

Welcome to the Forum and I love your username. With that name you'd be a natural in the Final Expense realm.:yes:

Condense this down to bullet points and you might get more constructive answers... from the parts I skimmed over... it sounds like you have joined up with some crappy people. Not all businesses are run in a professional manner.

Ideas about "team" "family" "etc" when it comes to your work and co-workers needs to be taken with a grain of salt. The business world is a dog eat dog world.

Of course you need to be a team player. But you need to look out for yourself first and foremost. You work to make YOU money and to benefit YOUR life. If your job is not a benefit then move on. You do not "owe" anyone at your job anything... and you have to put yourself first in life or you will always get walked over.

It sounds like you are young and afraid to stick up for yourself. When it comes to pay... insist on getting everything in writing. If they tell you thats not necessary, then you politely tell them it is a requirement for you to take the job. Any honest employer will put your compensation in writing.
(I have only had 1 job in my life where my compensation was not in writing, and I was 13)

Most importantly, if someone is harassing you sexually, then you need to immediately tell them VERBALLY and very loudly to F*CK OFF and to never contact you again. Preferably tell them that very loudly and in front of as many other people as possible.
Then you need to report them to management. If its on an app that doesnt save messages, then take screenshots of the messages... but whatever you do make a HUGE deal about it and make sure that everyone around knows what the guy did.... I promise that will take care of any situations like that.
You are probably scared and a bit embarrassed to call him out publicly like that, but I promise that you will feel much better after the fact... and he will be mortified and likely shunned by the other people in the office, especially if there are women in the office.

Stand up for yourself and take control of YOUR career. You have a license and brain and two legs. Insurance opportunities are a dime a dozen. You can likely have 5 interviews in the next 2 weeks if you want to.

I also would suggest that you work on summarizing explanations. It is something you will need to be good at in the business world. Ask yourself "is that sentence critical to making my point?".

Last edited:
Obviously you are not happy. The boss mislead you about the position and fellow co-workers sound like jerks. You might as well start looking for a different job.

Damn Millennials!!! WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK YOU ARE???

Who do you think you are that you're ENTITLED to a 1 1/2 hour lunch? You're the new person on the totem pole! Don't you realize that you look like you're getting "special treatment"??? No wonder you're not "gelling" with the rest of your team. Your "special treatment" is causing resentment! And every time you ANNOUNCE it... the resentment grows, regardless of "boss's approval." Stop doing it. Now.

Right now, you need a WRITTEN job description. Did you read the one for the job before you interviewed for it? That's the one you need. Read it. What are the requirements? If it's not spelled out in the description, you need an updated one.

The sexual advancements are completely uncalled for - I agree. That should be immediate termination. They fired themselves. So report it and let it (and them) go.

But notice the order of your post. You started out by asking for a special exception for your lunch breaks and now you wonder why there's resentment in the office?

If you want things to change... YOU have to change. (After all, you're the one that's posting here, not your boss or your co-workers.)

If you want to keep this job - you need to earn your spurs and quit going to lunch with your family. Give it 6 months. Then do it every other week.

You've got a lot to learn about working in a busy environment.

You have your P/C license so you have options. Get the Life/Health and more options. If your in a state that doesn't require company sponsorship the better.

When I first accepted the job, the description was I would be able to go to all the community events, marketing, set up events for the sales team to participate, and office manager. I knew this was a great opportunity for growth and being able to start my future. I took a pay cut so I would be able to do marketing its what I love doing. I didn't get to do much because the company I worked for couldn't afford to let me market more than twice a week. When I started, i had a book full of ideas and was ready to go, but it wasn't as it seemed. For starters, all of the service work was back up for two months, and I had no complete training on what exactly to do. I was just thrown out there and was told if I had questions to call our company support numbers or ask the current staff members. I was sent my first week or two to another agents office to sit a couple of hours one day to watch someone. Problem is now, I'm not licensed and can only do so much. Since I was not licensed I had to get the other team members to do the work I wasn't able to do, which makes one aggravated and rude when I ask. My boss brings up that I can do all the marketing as soon as I pass p & c and all service is caught up. I swear I was never told I had to pass that exam, trust me I'm not a good test taker. I wouldn't have gave my notice at my job and took a pay cut to risk getting fired bc I can't pass a test, I would have passed the test and then got the job. On to the service work, like I said it is so behind and now I have to get everything in order and caught up while maintaining the current stuff. I would get chewed up for not seeing something "quick enough", but it was there before I got there. While I'm trying to catch the past up because no one else bothered to they are slamming me with more stuff to do. There is this one coworker that is a straight jerk to me. I would ask for help and the staff member would straight up flip out and tell me to call the support team. So I would get a list up of people to call at once, so I wouldn't have to sit on hold for just one person and the staff member would flip out saying to just ask. Another problem I have is lunch breaks. I know I'm on salary, but work starts at 9 and we close at 5. If I take the hour lunch break, that our boss says we have each day or honestly just one day when I get back they get all whiny. When I took the job I explained that there is one day out of the week that I go to lunch with my family and it's across town take 15-20 there and back, that I need a little more time. The boss said it was okay when I accepted the job now he has made remarks about it. Since there is one day out of the week that I take longer for lunch, I grab lunch and eat at my desk on the other days. One day my rude coworker of mine flips out and says that I don't need to be taking a hour and a half breaks for lunch. Like I said, I go and grab my food and eat at my desk on everyday but one day I eat with family. I didn't say anything back because it's not my place. After that comment, I always make sure that they hear me say I'm going to lunch with my family it will take longer than an hour but it was approved by our boss. Almost everytime I remind them on the same day of the week of my lunch I get a smart remark back saying, we don't need you anyways we made it work without you before. ("Well obviously, you need me because the office is behind since you all can't make it work without me" -is what I dream and want to say back) I never wanted to tell my boss I was having a problem with a coworker. I didn't want to believe it was a problem and of course I don't want my boss to fire me. You are probably think why would my boss fire me. Well I'm not a producer, and that team member is one of the ones that makes my boss a lot of money. If it came down to it, would you or your agent fire someone who wasn't producing more money just maintaining the current customers, wasn't licensed and has problems with the one that does make you or your agent a lot of money. I finally told my boss that my coworker is treats me like dirty, my boss said that the coworker has an attitude problem even customers have mentioned it and some have left bc of the attitude protrayed towards them. Still it continues my coworker is beyond ugly to me. Once The coworker told me I was dumb, how could I not figure this out. This took place during my first two months. (This coworker of mine is an aspiring agent and if becomes an agent, my boss gets a bonus. The coworker is a spoiled little rich kid, who thinks evrything should be their way or no way.) During the prelicensing they said don't watch the videos just read through paperwork, so I did that causing me to fail since now I know that's not the way I need to study. My boss called me in the office and said if I couldn't pass the test I would be let go so now I have more pressure on me. My boss even mentioned that I was the highest paid in my position and after I pass my licensing test we would sit down and work me out some ways for bonuses. My next test was coming up and my coworkers mentioned helping me study and I was excited. I felt like maybe I will get treated like I was really apart of the team. Well I got ignored everytime I would mention helping me. I quit bringing it up because I found someone who would actually take the test with me and study with me. During my studies my rude coworker randomly sends me a messaged. Telling me they could help me study but I had to do them a favor. Now these messaged disappear after reading them it's an app that we younger folks are using. My coworker wrote me again and said i can make you pass and of course now I'm interested so I said how. My coworker said that if I could pretty much do sexual favors once a week my coworker will make me understand insurance. May I remind you I don't have anyway to keep these messages. If I screen shot them, it alerts my coworker and even if I did tell my boss who would get fired ? I ended up passing my licensing exam and now have my licenses. My coworkers and boss said now I do rewrites (come to find out we get nothing for rewrites) My boss again mentioned waiting me to make bonuses, but said it will adjust my salary since I'll be getting bonuses. I wouldn't mine being a producer, but that means either no more service work for me or everyone pitches in for service work. I don't think it would be right to adjust my pay for me to do more work. I do billing, service work, all of the customer service work, filing claims, answer majority of all calls first and then transfer them to the producers. After the customer signs the proper documentation they drop it off at my desk. Some of it that they should have completed before giving to me, so I gotta stop what I'm doing to look up the info that they had right in front of them. Oh and 9 times out of 10 the service work is simple stuff like: who was the driver in the accident on whatever day, drivers license needed, vin was incorrect, driver assignment wasn't changed when one vehicle was canceled. Oh and this is the fun one, they sign someone up for billing where we can draft out of the account (that way so they don't have to put a deposit down just pay for that month.) so the following month if we draft and they didn't want that I get cussed out. I explain that if they don't want us to pull out of account they have to pay the deposit so I end up get cussed out again because the producer didn't explain it to them. If they would just explain everything and get the correct info from the customers instead of just pushing a sale throw then we wouldn't have all these service problems. I mentioned it in a team mean once day and my coworker snapped at me saying that's what the boss pays you to do and my boss laughed. Let me tell you about me, I've been biting my tounge for a long time. I don't believe in having problems in the work place and I was raised that your coworkers are your family so treat them with respect. I haven't said anything out of line. Im tired of being mistreated and not appreciated. Before I took this job, I was in sales and I did an awesome job always hitting my quotas. Was only cussed out twice during the 2.5 years I worked there for something that was out of my control. I'm just frustrated. i make about 25k and heard of other offices in the area making 35k to 52k. I still haven't been able to even do the marketing that he said I was going to be able to do. If I go look at other offices to transfer too, then I look like I give up on my team. Plus if they tell my boss I applied and then my boss fired me because I applied at one of my bosses buddies offices. Hopefully someone read all this and can get me some sort of advice. Sorry it's long.

I am not sure the office is the problem.

I am a little confused about your job description or position you applied for. Are you in marketing is that the position you had previous and took?

I really get the feeling is that you had a dif job title and did a little marketing or was involved in it but had no prior experience, I could be wrong but that is the feel I get from your post

Or was it you were in cust service and did a little on the marketing but wanted to do more?

Either way I think this new Boss mislead you in the beginning and will continue to in the future, so maybe a change now before too long would be in order.

Besides that sexual harassment should never be acceptable

However, there is a few things you need to look at about yourself, 1) I agree 100 % with DHK, A newbie coming in with special privileges will create resentment and it will not end well. This is where ever you go

2) what is your job experience, what do you want to do? what are the requirements that need to be meet to do what you want to do? Do you need additional school for a job in marketing? additional experience?

Then find a reputable place to grow and learn.

Damn Millennials!!! WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK YOU ARE???

Who do you think you are that you're ENTITLED to a 1 1/2 hour lunch? You're the new person on the totem pole! Don't you realize that you look like you're getting "special treatment"??? No wonder you're not "gelling" with the rest of your team. Your "special treatment" is causing resentment! And every time you ANNOUNCE it... the resentment grows, regardless of "boss's approval." Stop doing it. Now.

Right now, you need a WRITTEN job description. Did you read the one for the job before you interviewed for it? That's the one you need. Read it. What are the requirements? If it's not spelled out in the description, you need an updated one.

The sexual advancements are completely uncalled for - I agree. That should be immediate termination. They fired themselves. So report it and let it (and them) go.

But notice the order of your post. You started out by asking for a special exception for your lunch breaks and now you wonder why there's resentment in the office?

If you want things to change... YOU have to change. (After all, you're the one that's posting here, not your boss or your co-workers.)

If you want to keep this job - you need to earn your spurs and quit going to lunch with your family. Give it 6 months. Then do it every other week.

You've got a lot to learn about working in a busy environment.

I don't understand the "boss". When she asked for extra time during lunch to have lunch with her family across town, I would have said, "Which is more important.. lunch or your job?.. Next!"

Yes, you need to watch out for the sexual predators because everything you wrote radiates "victim-waiting-to-happen" and they can sense that like a lion on the Serengetti can spot the weakest member of a herd a mile away. Of course, you pose dangers as well. If another office hires you, most likely they are at risk of a lawsuit from some issue -real or perceived- over time. Maybe it was the eighteen issues that you raised in a whining manner that caused me to think that.

Find a job in a larger, more structured company that has all the things you need right now: job descriptions, established routines, established salary ranges, others in the same position to help standardize expectations, and a personnel department to help with the various issues that may arise with you.

Wishing you the best. I do accept the possibility that you just work for a shiitey office. Nevertheless, there are some things you need to work on and resolve to make the most of that better job that will come your way at some point. In theory you could turn things around in your current situation but you have identified some low-lifers there and most plans to cast pearls before swine are handicapped from the beginning.

Last edited:
Back