Advice please Considering Selling Insurance. Areas to Concentrate?

entrep1776

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hi. 1st post. I've been reading the forums for a couple hours. Lots and Lots of good information.

I'm not cash strapped but very frugal.

About 15 years ago I tried selling cancer insurance door to door. It was a pretty depressing/horrible experience. I think I made one sale. I was a Realtor in 2008 and couldn't generate enough business to make money. The market was down etc etc or maybe I'm really bad at sales.

Currently I work as a blackjack dealer and drive Uber. I have no problem talking to people/strangers. I am educated and have an MBA. I don't mind working hard, but I do want flexibility for when I work.

I'm pretty much in research /brainstorming phase. What I'm thinking is becoming an independent agent and selling what provides service to clients and is profitable. If I wouldn't use the product, I won't have the faith to be able to sell it.

Also, I'm considering moving to Florida to be closer to my 70 year old parents. I'm in my mid 40s. If I work a year here and then move to Florida, will the work in IL be a waste?

Appreciate any advice/thoughts.

Hi. 1st post. I've been reading the forums for a couple hours. Lots and Lots of good information.

About 15 years ago I tried selling cancer insurance door to door. It was a pretty depressing/horrible experience. I think I made one sale. I was a Realtor in 2008 and couldn't generate enough business to make money. The market was down etc etc or maybe I'm really bad at sales.

Currently I work as a blackjack dealer and drive Uber. I have no problem talking to people/strangers. I am educated and have an MBA. I don't mind working hard, but I do want flexibility for when I work.

I'm pretty much in research /brainstorming phase. What I'm thinking is becoming an independent agent and selling what provides service to clients and is profitable. If I wouldn't use the product, I won't have the faith to be able to sell it.

Also, I'm considering moving to Florida to be closer to my 70 year old parents. I'm in my mid 40s. If I work a year here and then move to Florida, will the work in IL be a waste?

Being a realtor in 2008 was probably not the best timing ...

I personally enjoy the senior insurance market and believe it is one of the best niches to be in right now. There is a lot of opportunity for growth as the market segment continues to grow ...

Also - If you work remotely (selling online/over the phone) it doesn't matter where you live!

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a realtor in 2008 was probably not the best timing ...

I personally enjoy the senior insurance market and believe it is one of the best niches to be in right now. There is a lot of opportunity for growth as the market segment continues to grow ...

Also - If you work remotely (selling online/over the phone) it doesn't matter where you live!

Hi Glen. The book looks really good. I actually had previewed yesterday. Plan to buy it if I decide to do insurance route.

getting started plan feedback?
1. get licensed in IL. health and life.SUPPS and Medicare A etc.
2. become independent agent (E&O insurance)
3. Set up relationships with carriers.
4. Prospect and write. I have had real challenges in past finding prospects. Any directions ideas?

Would this be only lines you'd carry? Planning to work from home. If I wanted to grow after getting success set up office and expand lines? Could I get licensed in FL and IL. Work remote with seniors? aren't quite a few seniors little technology challenged?

I'm trying to get clear vision of how this might work. Thanks. I appreciate the guidance.

Hello:)

I will be in Florida next month :) If you are interested I can share with you about my company. And it is doable we develop teamwork that's why I am happy with my job. If you are open minded please message me for arrangement. God bless you.

Sally

Hello:)

I will be in Florida next month :) If you are interested I can share with you about my company. And it is doable we develop teamwork that's why I am happy with my job. If you are open minded please massage me. God bless you.

Sally

Whoa Sally, this is a Family Forum. Let's keep it clean.:twitchy:

Are you in Vegas? If so I'd be happy to have a conversation.

BTW, steer clear of "Sally". She's with Primerica and not a good fit for anyone.

Rick

Back