Advice Please - Parents Need A Supp They Can Keep!

Abrasax

Guru
Hello all,

I'm licensed to sell Med Supps to my parents who are turning 65 but not experienced with the companies in their area. They are both in zip code 43754. They each have medical conditions that will prevent them from qualifying in the future so I am trying to help them pick a plan N company that has the best chances of reasonable rates for the long haul. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Since so many carriers now like to play musical chairs, retiring carriers, raising rates, new carrier with lower rates, you might consider a long term play.

Gags me to say this, but UHC is possibly the most stable long term. Anthem and Humana other options.

Avoid Aetna, Cigna, Omaha.

Why plan N?

Given a choice between N and HDF I would consider HDF.

Since so many carriers now like to play musical chairs, retiring carriers, raising rates, new carrier with lower rates, you might consider a long term play.

Gags me to say this, but UHC is possibly the most stable long term. Anthem and Humana other options.

Avoid Aetna, Cigna, Omaha.

Why plan N?

Given a choice between N and HDF I would consider HDF.

Plan G will be forced to take GI so I figure it's probably not too stable long term, though I've never written a Med Supp so this is just what I hear. Why HDF? Is it a totally separate plan than F?

I would have thought Aetna and Cigna would be stable?

It will probably be a while before GI inflicts "damage" on G.

N doesn't cover xs charges. May not be an issue but HDF (even though going away) does. Long term rate history of HDF is quite favorable.

And you would be incorrect

Thanks.

I’ll be going through the same thing in 2 years with my mom. She’s t65 then and I’ll be paying for her Med supp.
I know it’s between a plan N (~$127) and HDF($51). I’ll probably end up spending the extra $76/month because I know she’d end up not getting recommended services if they cost a couple hundred dollars. And she wouldn’t tell me.
With plan N she just has the Ded and usually nothing over $20.

Btw plan G here is around $166. In some states I see plan n and g are very close. Then I would go with G

Back