Advice please! Stay independent or go captive

Sunfloweragent

I am a new csr/ agent, in the industry for 6 months and licensed for 3. I love the independent agency I started with, but there is just too much work for the 2 CSRs, the other CSR isn't licenced and still quotes and binds and talks coverages with clients, and frankly I don't like being this stressed out at a place that pays minimum wage and doesn't give raises and wont hire another CSR. I have an interview with Farmers next week, but I really don't know enough about them and what I read online their commissions are going down. Any advice on if this is just normal or am I going from bad to worse? I like insurance and just want to be able to take care of my family.

If you decide to go on your own, can you make it? When you are self-employed, there is no income coming in, not even minimum wage. On top of that, you have to pay for rent, electricity, internet, phone, supplies, insurance, quoting system?

After that, you will need clients. Do you know how to find clients on a consistent basis? If you know how to find clients, the odds are in your favor. If not, you should continue to find work elsewhere.

If your interview with Farmers was anything like mine, then they will lie to you about the income, compensation, stipends, etc. Furthermore I see a lot of unethical fuc#ery from their agents on the commercial end.

If that sounds good to you, go ahead with the interview.

By the way, RichardCO made a great point.

Latest posts

Back