Advice sought

I have a client who has taken his paramed, has had at work health/wellness checkups, but has never been to the doctor in last 20 years. He is 34 years old. There are no doctor records. The life insurer is requesting Aps from doctor which there is not one. My question is what would be the most cost efficient way of doing this which would satisfy that requirement. do I send client to doctor for a routine physical or send him to a walk in clinic for a sore throat checkup which would be cheaper. Thanks for any input. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

At a minimum find out what they want for tests. A "physical" or a "checkup" are just generic terms. Usually you would do some bloodwork and check blood pressure etc as part of a physical but if he has had a paramed they would have much of that already. So what are they looking for that they dont have. Find out what they want. They aren't looking for a sore throat checkup.

Winter

I am sorry for the confusion. the company is AIG.The client has had his paramed, financial questionnaire,etc. He listed a doctor on his application, and underwriting says the doctor has no record of client. They now request another doctor to list. Client has never been to that doctor or any other. He was born in germany and lived there till 10 yrs old. He has yearly health/wellness exams through work the past 10 yrs which the underwriters will not use. Sorry I am so wordy.

Last edited:
At a minimum find out what they want for tests. A "physical" or a "checkup" are just generic terms. Usually you would do some bloodwork and check blood pressure etc as part of a physical but if he has had a paramed they would have much of that already. So what are they looking for that they dont have. Find out what they want. They aren't looking for a sore throat checkup.

Winter

addressed below

Last edited:
I am sorry for the confusion. the company is AIG.The client has had his paramed, financial questionnaire,etc. He listed a doctor on his application, and underwriting says the doctor has no record of client. They now request another doctor to list. Client has never been to that doctor or any other. He was born in germany and lived there till 10 yrs old. He has yearly health/wellness exams through work the past 10 yrs which the underwriters will not use. Sorry I am so wordy.

Why did he list a doctor on the application that he never went to? You need to call the underwriter and ask for guidance, explain the situation and how they want you to proceed. By listing that doctor, he has told the insurer that he has seen a doctor, so now naturally they want to get information from whatever doctor he has actually seen. Talk to the underwriter. Listing a doctor he has never seen or has no record of him was a bad move. Since he listed one, they are going to expect that there is one out there somewhere. Failing to provide a doctor after he listed one on his application may seem a bit like a dodge to the underwriter.

They don't need him to get a checkup, they already did that. What they want is the name of a doctor he did see since he listed one on the application who, apparently, he didn't see.

Big difference here between life insurance and health insurance. Health insurer would have had him get a full physical with bloodwork to submit (at his own cost) whereas life insurer gets that information from paramed but wants to verify with APS anything in the medical record.

This case could get interesting. Please keep us posted if you would, I am curious whether AIG will allow substitute information, or, absent a real doctor visit although listed on the application, decline to underwrite thinking this client is lying about something,

Last edited:
Hey Jackass! It's rare when you don't mention Senior, YIO or me in your posts. You managed (again) to mention 2 out of three this time.

Are you coming on to us?

Any chance of you going a few days without giving me yet another reason to ask you to blow me again?:bump:

Rick

HAHAHAHAHA YOU GUYS ARE NUTS! Nuts as in Crazy Al, dont get too excited! :D

Back