Advice Wanted: In the Planning Stages of Becoming Independent.

popeye35

Expert
So I have currently sold insurance with State Farm for 2 years. I am pretty good at it (not great, but I am pretty good). I do not want to go through the crazy process, nor through the enormous start up cost it takes to be a State Farm Agent. I am seriously considering Health Choice One for life an health, but on the other hand, I am really good at p&c. Is there any way to be appointed with on L&H wholesaler (i.e. Health Choice One) and a different p&c wholesaler? If so, who do you suggest? Finally, I will only have a home office to start. Does that creat a problem for p&c?

Last edited:
Re: Advice Wanted: In the Planning Stages of Becoming Independent

A home office normally doesn't work for P&C from my experience, but maybe the P&C guys on here have a different view.

as i have looked further through other threads, it does seem like others are saying that a home office doesn't really work. I wonder why it doesn't work. Any answers?

Works for me. It's just that some customers demand to see you. Also, forget about getting a direct appointment with a carrier if you do not have an office. At least, I haven't heard of any carriers that will give you an appointment. Usually, you are left with MGA's

Back