AEP 2019 will be even more compressed

Aug 10, 2019

1. wehotex

wehotex Guru

State:
    Texas
    AEP 2019 time will be even more effectively reduced. When pressed for time in previous AEPs, I could usually persuade Dual eligibles or LIS to be seen between Dec 8-31 when I explained that the Jan 1 effective date would still apply since I had an SEP to use for them. This stretched my AEP to about 75 days instead of the ~5o days.
    This AEP, the SEP for Duals/LIS may ONLY be written between Oct 15- Dec 7 for a Jan 1 effective date. Talk about a time crunch!

wehotex, Aug 10, 2019
  2. TwoCents

TwoCents Guru

That last part "the SEP for Duals/LIS may only be written between Oct 15 - Dec 7 for a Jan 1 effective date" isn't correct. I think I know what you meant to say, but (1) the SEP never allows for a future effective date -- always first of the month from when the app was written and (2) the SEP isn't even available in Q4. You're just writing an AEP app from 10/15 to 12/7 for that 1/1 start date.

TwoCents, Aug 11, 2019
  3. wehotex

wehotex Guru

State:
    Texas
    That is what I said. I said that the SEP can no longer be used for the Nov 1 or Jan 1 effective dates using the SEP, only the AEP for a January 1 effective date using the AEP.

wehotex, Aug 11, 2019
  4. TwoCents

TwoCents Guru

No, that's what you MEANT, but what you WROTE was, "the SEP for Duals/LIS may ONLY be written between Oct 15 - Dec 7 for a January 1 effective date." You wouldn't write the SEP at all. You would write AEP.

TwoCents, Aug 12, 2019
  5. wehotex

wehotex Guru

State:
    Texas
    Yep. You got me ;)

wehotex, Aug 12, 2019