AEP 2020

Walmart's are great during AEP. I have gotten MAPD, PDP, Med Supps, T65, DVH, and Life. I have some of my agents and myself alternate days. My FMO picks up the cost. With the new OEP you get six months in the store in front of a great target audience.
Walmarts can be great, but it really depends on the location.

I did a walmart a few years ago in Gainesville. Did great that year. Humana had a new HMO coming out that year was giving back $50 on the part B. First one of its kind in the county.

In DS4's case, he says he has no MA in his area. It probably wouldn't be a good idea for him. But if MA does come out in his area, I would recommend sitting in a Walmart, it could be a great opportunity.

Reactions: DS4
Walmarts can be great, but it really depends on the location.

I did a walmart a few years ago in Gainesville. Did great that year. Humana had a new HMO coming out that year was giving back $50 on the part B. First one of its kind in the county.

In DS4's case, he says he has no MA in his area. It probably wouldn't be a good idea for him. But if MA does come out in his area, I would recommend sitting in a Walmart, it could be a great opportunity.
I couldn't agree with you more. As a matter of fact if you don't have 2 or 3 carriers you will not even get a Walmart location. We have two Walmart's and get about 300-400 during AEP and OEP.

My county has been void of MA's since 12.31.13. I did hear Anthem has filed for a LPPO for my county. Might have to take the MA mods this year. I still will not sit in WalMart. I'm not that hungry after 42 years in Ins.

Interesting that Aetna is pushing Silverscript PDP's on their 1st look plans. Sucks Silverscript is going to a deductible on Tiers 3, 4, and 5. I think the days are over of not having a deductible on stand alone PDP's without paying an unreasonable premium that probably isn't worth it.

Interesting that Aetna is pushing Silverscript PDP's on their 1st look plans. Sucks Silverscript is going to a deductible on Tiers 3, 4, and 5. I think the days are over of not having a deductible on stand alone PDP's without paying an unreasonable premium that probably isn't worth it.

The deductible usually vary by state with SS. Which state are you in?

It made it look like the deductible will be nationwide because on the copays it said will vary by region but just listed the deductible in that section and didn't say it would vary by region.

It made it look like the deductible will be nationwide because on the copays it said will vary by region but just listed the deductible in that section and didn't say it would vary by region.
Thats interesting. No deductible, has been kinda their niche the past few years. I wonder how this will affect rollovers this year. I have a lot of clients with SS

Thats interesting. No deductible, has been kinda their niche the past few years. I wonder how this will affect rollovers this year. I have a lot of clients with SS

SS did a significant premium increase in KS for 2019 and also shifted some generics to higher tiers. This made Cigna a much better PDP value for me in KS. Can't imagine SS would undo all those changes here for 2020.

Back