AEP MAPD Seminars 2016

plannerman

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
For those of you that do them have you had success with the company provided mailers? In our area there is a 50% penetration so I am going to give it a go this AEP. The problem is that the mailers that the companies come up with are not that great in my opinion. We have a couple of companies blowing up their plans and one company coming in with much richer benefits, however they really do nothing more than say its $0 premium, of course. We are going to mail a few thousand and hold some seminars at the mom n pop restaurants because folks tend to like that.

So any comments or suggestions?

For those of you that do them have you had success with the company provided mailers? In our area there is a 50% penetration so I am going to give it a go this AEP. The problem is that the mailers that the companies come up with are not that great in my opinion. We have a couple of companies blowing up their plans and one company coming in with much richer benefits, however they really do nothing more than say its $0 premium, of course. We are going to mail a few thousand and hold some seminars at the mom n pop restaurants because folks tend to like that.

1) If you do sales seminars you must go over the entire plan item by item. If you present 2 plans you do the same.

2) Don't buy them food - snacks are fine.

3) Better to do a generic seminar about changes to Medicare such as deductible, Part D changes, etc. That way it won't be a sales seminar.

4) Sell yourself, not the plan.

5) If you send out 2,000 pieces you MIGHT get 5-6 to attend.

Good luck.

Rick

I did many many seminars last year for aetna and all i did was put an ad in my paper and a newspaper insert in the next town over, no mailers, and I wrote almost 300 plans.
I went over the leading plan (in my opinion) and then i covered the other one as well. My husband was on my laptop looking up peoples doctors while i was speaking.
It was a great year and I intend to duplicate it again.

I held them in my office of which I have a room that hold 30 people, I also have a conference room for spill over.

Back