AEP MAPD Seminars 2016

Sep 9, 2015

1. plannerman

plannerman Super Genius

State:
    Missouri
    For those of you that do them have you had success with the company provided mailers? In our area there is a 50% penetration so I am going to give it a go this AEP. The problem is that the mailers that the companies come up with are not that great in my opinion. We have a couple of companies blowing up their plans and one company coming in with much richer benefits, however they really do nothing more than say its $0 premium, of course. We are going to mail a few thousand and hold some seminars at the mom n pop restaurants because folks tend to like that.

So any comments or suggestions?

2. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    1) If you do sales seminars you must go over the entire plan item by item. If you present 2 plans you do the same.

2) Don't buy them food - snacks are fine.

3) Better to do a generic seminar about changes to Medicare such as deductible, Part D changes, etc. That way it won't be a sales seminar.

4) Sell yourself, not the plan.

5) If you send out 2,000 pieces you MIGHT get 5-6 to attend.

Good luck.

Rick

3. MedicareAgent

MedicareAgent Guru

I did many many seminars last year for aetna and all i did was put an ad in my paper and a newspaper insert in the next town over, no mailers, and I wrote almost 300 plans.
    I went over the leading plan (in my opinion) and then i covered the other one as well. My husband was on my laptop looking up peoples doctors while i was speaking.
    It was a great year and I intend to duplicate it again.

4. Justin Bilyj

Justin Bilyj Guru

State:
    Ohio
    What type of locations did you like to hold these?

5. MedicareAgent

MedicareAgent Guru

I held them in my office of which I have a room that hold 30 people, I also have a conference room for spill over.

6. plannerman

plannerman Super Genius

State:
    Missouri
    I have done at Panera and the local hospitals