AEP Off to a Slow Start

pahealthquotes

Guru
1000 Post Club
Seems quite a bit slower than the past few years. Currently off about 25% from last years sales figures. Wondering if the Seniors are really aware the new enrollment period. Any other agents seeing this?

:swoon:

not slow to start in Florida.
I'm running 5 appts a day on average. Hopefully it'll pick up for ya.

I would agree. Although, I see tons of TV spots from everyone (including Medicare) on the new dates. There seems to be complacency among seniors these days.

You know, other than mailings and events, there is no way to get the word out on MA's. A shame. There are some who could use the coverage as they have nothing in place.

I can't tell if I'm pitching or catching, but it does seem seniors are a bit set and not willing to move. I've even had some argue... existing clients... about a simple pdp issue of moving to save $400-1000/year. I'm like..."SCREW IT... I MAKE $0-28/YEAR... STAY PUT!!" I don't try to "convince" them on pdp or MA sales... it is clear or it gets dropped.

FYI. One mans opinion. I did this deal with Humana as a comopany agent in 2005-2006 for about six omnts, and I learned that MA, MAPD, and PArt D were three things I personally wanted nothing to do with after six months. I made a lot of money in a short time, but that was because it was new that year. I knew than in year two, everyone would be in it, and the water would get really muddy. Sold my last one in Sept. 2006. Never have looked back nor regreted it at all. Not worth the hassel. IMO.

It is good here in MS and TN as well... Going on about 25 appointments a week.

I feel pretty good about this AEP, better than last year but you guys are kicking my butt. I'm only running about 12-13 appts a week, having a pretty good week this week though with about $2k in MAPD's and Med supps.

I'm independent but work with 3 guys closely just to bounce ideas off of each other and one of the guys did $22k in OCT.....wtf, I wasn't even in the same universe as that

I can't tell if I'm pitching or catching, but it does seem seniors are a bit set and not willing to move. I've even had some argue... existing clients... about a simple pdp issue of moving to save $400-1000/year. I'm like..."SCREW IT... I MAKE $0-28/YEAR... STAY PUT!!" I don't try to "convince" them on pdp or MA sales... it is clear or it gets dropped.

those blow my mind the most, showing them on the medicare website at the appointment... seeing should be believing, but is rarely the case with seniors....agreed, i spend about 5 mins showing them where they save money, if they don't understand, gone are the days where i attempt to show them a 2nd time to make sure they understand...just don't call me complaining that you are on a "fixed income"

Back