AEP Week 1 Over

Hopes

Super Genius
Georgia
Week 1 is over.

I worked the same Walmart I worked last year. I had a couple of faces remember me, one guy I had a f2f with a earlier in week walk by and say hello (no, I didn't write him...very non-committal...another conversation for another post...wondered if he was a secret shopper), a man the Walmart pharmacy referred to me in February stopped to say hi, and all in all I had a decent experience.

At the onset, I thought it might be nice to be too busy to do it a third year (next year) but the first day, having people remember me felt good. Even the regular staff is friendlier. I can see how establishing oneself in a location like that could be wise.

My second venue has been a slower than last year. Last year, I registered events with UHC, had a nice outdoor banner (created on Vistaprint) that I was allowed to put at the road and a plain tablecloth with AEP self-created banner. This year, I opted for UHC (registered my events with) 7' feather banners that were provided at no cost, UHC branded tablecloth at no cost and UHC advertised the event in the AJC since I registered dates early. Because I'm afraid the banners will possibly be pulled away in strong winds, I take down from pedestals when I'm away.

I, seriously, think the roadside banner left in place last year made a difference. If the 7' banners were anchored better I would leave in place.

Also, last year had me running 7 days by the end of AEP. I worked 6 days this week and will be 7 next week. Kind of exciting. I'm falling on my face because I'm not used to going so much but it's still exciting. I'm sure I'm not doing it all the way a more experienced agent would but I'm figuring our what works and what doesn't.

Good luck with what you’re doing. First week has been slower this AEP. Humana and UHC lowered copays so a lot are staying where they’re at. I’m fine with the added renewals in 2019. Searching for new business is more of a challenge this AEP, so far.

Good luck with what you’re doing. First week has been slower this AEP. Humana and UHC lowered copays so a lot are staying where they’re at. I’m fine with the added renewals in 2019. Searching for new business is more of a challenge this AEP, so far.

I appreciate the encouragement. Good to know it's not just me. I only had two people from my current book (small as it is) that were curious about other plans. Everyone else is happy.

During this year it's been nice to receive a few referrals from current clients. If I can add at least 50 new clients this AEP, that would be nice. It will be great if it's more but I have to walk before I can run.

I ran across an old post last night from someone who hit it out of the park year one. I guess I'm the slow one in the bunch but that's okay.

This is by far my busiest AEP. Wellcare has two new MAPD options that are better than last year. Uhc ppo has a new ppo that is better. So I’m having to move all those people. At least Wellcare gave us a number for the client to call and move over.
I added info about DVH and a hospital indemnity in my aep letter and tons are calling about that.

The most work might be running pdp options. 3 out of 5 are having to move to another one.

On top of this I’m doing seminars on Monday for Wellcare in Golden Corrall. After 2 seminars I’ve had 70 people show up. 70. I had to move the last one to the dining room because the banquet room couldn’t hold them.

My T65 Leads haven’t been called on at all

Only 3 of the 5 Walmart’s in our area are staffed this year (all 5 were last year). I am one of the three and a repeat. I think some people might be afraid of the connotations of being the “Walmart Agent,” but it is important to consider your location and product offerings. If I were at another Walmart, I would be focusing on Med Supps, at this one, I know MAPD will be my primary (although supps happen here too). I still think this is a great opportunity for a new agent building business. I have found some really great clients and most of them have ended up becoming referral sources for me. Only the occaisional “people of walmart” moment.

Chazm, is Wellcare paying for the room at Golden Corrall? Are you the only agent there or do you have anyone helping you enroll after?

I did sales seminars a couple years back for a 'Blues carrier but there were a few other enrollers there as well. A lot of people wanted to talk after or enroll, but some left as they grew frustrated waiting.

Chazm, is Wellcare paying for the room at Golden Corrall? Are you the only agent there or do you have anyone helping you enroll after?

I did sales seminars a couple years back for a 'Blues carrier but there were a few other enrollers there as well. A lot of people wanted to talk after or enroll, but some left as they grew frustrated waiting.

They pay for the seminar, the marketing and everything. They have agents at other locations and probably other days as well but a lot more are showing than I was expecting.

It’s just me there and I can’t do any apps right after the seminar. I’m looking up meds/doctors and copays for individuals.
I’ve done seminars in the past and most people don’t sign up until mid Nov so I know I’ll get more sales then from the seminars. But they’ll have to call to see me and sign up.

Thanks, Chazm. The carrier that I did them for had a "retail" store, so I know some people signed up there or Faxed or mailed them in. But I did get some sales.

I did an educational-only evening seminar earlier this week. A local business association I belong to put it on for me. I posted some flyers and they advertised in on FB. Seven people turned up (besides some of the group members). I was suprised no one was there for AEP - they were all either aging in next year, or still on a group employer plan and wanted to know their options.

My plan is starting in January to do these twice a month in public venues, one in the afternoon and one in the evening.

Thanks, Chazm. The carrier that I did them for had a "retail" store, so I know some people signed up there or Faxed or mailed them in. But I did get some sales.

I did an educational-only evening seminar earlier this week. A local business association I belong to put it on for me. I posted some flyers and they advertised in on FB. Seven people turned up (besides some of the group members). I was suprised no one was there for AEP - they were all either aging in next year, or still on a group employer plan and wanted to know their options.

My plan is starting in January to do these twice a month in public venues, one in the afternoon and one in the evening.

I should be starting weekly educational events in Jan or feb as well

Back