Aerialist needs WC, HELP

michellea

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hopefully someone can help my friend out. She is an aerialist and this is what she emailed: Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Aerialists and Insurance Agents - Please ReadBody: I am looking for an insurance company who can provide me with my own worker's comp coverage with commercial statutory limits of a half million dollars. Most aerialists have the same 3 million dollar liability policy that I have through Performers of the US. If anyone knows of a company crazy enough to insure aerialists to do their job please let me know.

I don't understand. Is this something to benefit an indivdual who is self employed or someone's employees.

Obviously, worker comp is not available except to cover employees.

Rick

Of course it's available to cover business owners. Just usually not required, so a lot of people pass. Since most medical coverage won't cover work related injuries, and those that do would not cover an aerialist, there is a clear need to solve this dilemna.

Who would cover her if she got hurt?

Dan

I don't understand. Is this something to benefit an indivdual who is self employed or someone's employees.

Obviously, worker comp is not available except to cover employees.

Rick

She in needing coverage to be able to perform in certain arenas. This is a copy of her response when I wrote I was asking some VERY SMART guys on a forum:

Thanks so much, Michelle. I'm having no luck...it's like this kind of policy doesn't exist. I will have a super cool gig here in St Louis if I can jump through enough hoops. One problem is that most policies won't cover me above 15 feet. I go about 40 in bigger theaters. I hope to hear something good.

Back