Aetna - 60 days to mail policies unless agent request

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
To let all newer agents know, Aetna will mail out all policies 60 days after the effective date.

This has become an issue for agents who do not know about Aetna's system - especially in the case of a fast approval and an effective date one month out, the client might not receive the policy for 3 months.

However, the agent can request that the policy be mailed immediately upon approval -this request must be in writing and faxed.

Insanity.

Re: Aenta - 60 days to mail policies unless agent request

I am wondering what the state by state variations are. My clients in Texas are getting the materials sooner than 60 days (but not fast).

One other note John -

Approved members can register at Aetna - Health, dental, pharmacy, group life, disability and long-term care insurance benefits. and print out ID cards and view other information.

We send out a generic email and have them register online, this usually "holds them over" until the packet arrives via postal mail (which they will say they never received anyhow).

Electronic delivery is the key - why they mail them at all is beyond me if the application was complete online.

If GEICO can do it - so can everyone else.

Re: Aenta - 60 days to mail policies unless agent request

Do not know - the issue was brought to my attention so I called and confirmed - 60 days from the effective date. If it happens to arrive earlier then consider it a gift.

And you're right - Aetna clients can create a user ID and password to track their status. You can also generate this from your ISP tool in Producer World.

Latest posts

Back