Aetna Acquires Humana

I too am wondering how much longer Cigna can hold off Anthem. Especially with the 2 mergers in the last 24 hours.

They are not big players in med Supp market the MAPD is the cash cow

There's always an impact if two companies this size merge when they're both in the same spaces, not matter how large or small they are as players. That is why I asked Craig for his opinion.

Last edited:
One step closer..........to losing another option. Ya know, that thing called choice.

UPDATE 1-Aetna, Humana shareholders approve proposed merger | Reuters

Oct 19 (Reuters) - Health insurer Aetna's proposed $37 billion acquisition of smaller rival Humana Inc was approved by the shareholders of both companies.

The companies continue to expect the deal to close in the second half of 2016, they said in separate statements on Monday

A long time ago, many on this forum predicted there would only 3 or 4 major players in the game. Seems like the vets knew what they were talking about.

A long time ago, many on this forum predicted there would only 3 or 4 major players in the game. Seems like the vets knew what they were talking about.

I believe there was talk of $0 commission as well. Good thing that hasn't happened.

Back