Aetna Agent Approval Denied

A more powerful force - you are part of an exclusive group made up of our very best brokers

Individuals and families

Dear GORDON,

Open enrollment 2016 was great! In fact, we ended the first quarter with approximately 1.2 million total individual health plan members, exceeding our previous membership projection. Thank you for making open enrollment a success.

We want you to know that we haven’t stood still since the first of January; we’ve made some important adjustments to increase our sales power. We’ve streamlined the number of producers, which means fewer brokers will be able to sell our plans.

Maybe you got "streamlined".

Was that Aetna that you were referring to? Is it a popular option in your area?

I just got turned down for an appointment with Aetna. My credit scores are in the 600 because of my divorce. I have a under 65 contract with them. I checked my background on my credit report which I subscribe to and have nothing. Is Aetna really hard to contract with? This has never happened to me before.

Yes, they are very hard on an agent's credit. One good thing is that you can file an appeal and they do look at it seriously.

Big Aetna or Aetna Health & Life?

Big Aetna approved me to write U65 business years ago, around 2010 maybe a bit earlier. Applied for an appointment with Continental for Medigap in 2010 and they rejected me. Appealed and denied. Then last year Aetna Health & Life approved me.

Continental is the only carrier that has ever turned me down and never said why.

Gordon posted here about a memo that came from Aetna & CoventryOne - stating that they'll be "more powerful than ever" in 2017. I got the same one & (sorry everyone, but I hadn't seen the reference here yet) started another thread about it.

The memo referenced the U65 market specifically, so I'm not sure about the situation here since you'd said you were already contracted with Aetna for that market. Just call licensing and ask - then ask them to review it for you. Simple.

That's the kiss of death. WORRY.

The best definition of Worry I've ever heard was when a great mentor of mine told my buddy's girlfriend (who worries constantly about everything):

Worrying is you continually focusing on what you DON'T want to happen.

Success in this, or any business, all starts with the mind! People on here ask so many questions regarding how to get leads, how to build their Med supp business, how to get clients...etc.

I'd bet 80% of the people at least do absolutely nothing with the answers they are given. All because of fear and lack of focus. People simply do not want it badly enough, then blame their circumstances for their lack of results.

So what now, you WON'T submit with them because you're worried they turn you down? Get in the habit of JUST GOING FOR IT.

You might be pleasantly surprised.

----------

See my answer above. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Don't overthink what I said, I'm just saying "huh, I hadn't realized my not-perfect-but-still-not-bad credit score was going to be an issue. That's a bummer." ;)

Don't overthink what I said, I'm just saying "huh, I hadn't realized my not-perfect-but-still-not-bad credit score was going to be an issue. That's a bummer." ;)

Great. Do let us know the outcome when you submit. Hope all goes well.

Aetna hasn't cared about their brokers for the last 2 years, just think back on the certification/AOR screw-ups for Medicare over the last 2 years. The under 65/Obamacare commissions are a joke with them.

I don't know what is making you say that, they pay for all my seminars in the over 65 market every year. And as far as under 65 commissions, they are ALL a joke.

A more powerful force - you are part of an exclusive group made up of our very best brokers Individuals and families Dear GORDON, Open enrollment 2016 was great! In fact, we ended the first quarter with approximately 1.2 million total individual health plan members, exceeding our previous membership projection. Thank you for making open enrollment a success. We want you to know that we haven’t stood still since the first of January; we’ve made some important adjustments to increase our sales power. We’ve streamlined the number of producers, which means fewer brokers will be able to sell our plans. Maybe you got "streamlined".

I received this very email and I wrote exactly zero cases last year. I'm guessing it's fluff.

Back