Aetna/Coventry 2016 First Look

The Coventry MAPD plans in Missouri and Kansas (KC metro area) actually looked a bit better than last year. Not sure what network differences will be, but they currently have a really strong provider network out here. We have Cigna coming in new to this market, but the plans they offer are HMO - not PPO, so . . . . not sure how it will all play out. UHC was not competitive at all here last year, so . . . .we'll see about them & Humana.

No matter which market we're in, the net effect of the massive consolidations being proposed with the carriers, will definitely leave the customer with fewer choices, and potentially the agent with less money in the long run. . . . .

How can it be higher than original Medicare?

It's been like that for 2 years, unless the subscriber looks through the ANOC or Summary of Benefits they won't know because Blue agents won't tell them voluntarily.

Thanks for the clarification, guys. Somewhere in my memory I was thinking that MA plans had to offer coverage at least as good as original Medicare.

But then I started thinking about MA hospital copays and realized that all the plans in my neck of the woods would run in excess of the Part A deductible of $1260 in a worst case scenario...

at least as good as original Medicare.

Yes but as overall, Ins companies are free to move the copays around you have a little more out of pocket here but a little less there and they factor in the out of pocket max, As long as it over all in considered at least as good as medicare then it qualifies

Back