Aetna Critical Illnes Vs. Allstate Critical Illness

pramopu

Hi,

I had opted for both Aetna critical insurance and Allstate critical insurance plans while I was with my previous employer. Then I had very little time for considering options and so had to rush in the last moment by electing what was available. Now I have recently left my previous employer who had a group insurance coverage and joined a new employer who does not have any group insurance plan and I have to pay the insurance myself. I am currently considering to opt on for the cobra coverage for the next 18 months.

Can some one please help me in deciding which critical illness plan among Aetna Vs. Allstate is better. Aetna is costing a lot more than All state $ 53 USD Vs. $ 16 USD respectively. I only want to go with one and opt out of the other. Also I heard that Aetna has tied up with Allstate for the critical insurance benefits.

Also rest of the insurance costs are as below under the Cobra coverage:

Medical (Plan 90) + Dental + Vision = $ 340 USD.

Please help if I can get a better health insurance plan for the money I am paying. All the above costs are per month.

Thanks & Regards.

Brands of insurance don't tell us anything. The schedule of benefits will tell the story. You just need your agent to review them with you and explain the difference.

Cobra probably isn't your best choice unless you know you will only be on it a month or two. Your agent can guide you there too. Make him work for his money. It's his job to teach you what you have and your other options.

Back