AETNA Going Online E-app in July

keith48

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Georgia
With them fixing the delays in underwriting because of the massive increase in new business last year, I'm excited about being able to sell this to existing clients who live far away, over the phone. It'll be here in July!

With them fixing the delays in underwriting because of the massive increase in new business last year, I'm excited about being able to sell this to existing clients who live far away, over the phone. It'll be here in July!

What product? I'd read their CLI med supp e-app was in development stages. They already have an iPad app for MAPD, but it requires stylus signature so has to be F2F. I write mostly CLI and have been eagerly awaiting their med supp e-app.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

its about time.
I'm having issues with them sending the policy to my FMO despite numerous requests to mail directly to the client--anyone else??

its about time.
I'm having issues with them sending the policy to my FMO despite numerous requests to mail directly to the client--anyone else??

If you're referring to their CLI med supp app, just write "Please send policy to the policy holder" on bottom of page eight. Has worked every time.

What product? I'd read their CLI med supp e-app was in development stages. They already have an iPad app for MAPD, but it requires stylus signature so has to be F2F. I write mostly CLI and have been eagerly awaiting their med supp e-app.

Med Supps. It's done and will be live in July! They said they are working on it for FE, but it will still be a while before it is ready.

yes, I heard this last week from the regional marketing director. It is very good news and I will use them a lot more.

yes, I heard this last week from the regional marketing director. It is very good news and I will use them a lot more.

Has anyone else been using the Aetna/Continental Life/American Continental/AHLIC e-app?

I've been told I'll be allowed to start using it, and my agents, but that it is not rolled out to everyone.

Just curious if others have any experience with it yet.

Maybe you guys have more information than me, but I wouldn't get excited just yet.

I place a significant amount of my business with CLI/ACI and for the last two years I've heard they were making an e-app. I first heard it before AEP 2012, then by 2013, they were still working on it, after the first quarter of 2013 apparently the person I spoke with had never heard of an e-app and was unaware of any mention of an E-app in the making. Middle of 2013, they were working on an E-app that will be launched by AEP 2013. Now here we are again.

I'm not going to hold my breathe for this E-app, at this point I'd rather just be surprised if it ends up happening.

I do hope if and when it does launch they have a voice signature option. The companies with E-apps that require an e-mail signature are missing the beat.

Edit: I just realized this thread is almost a year old. :D Well, I guess there it is.

Last edited:
I do hope if and when it does launch they have a voice signature option. The companies with E-apps that require an e-mail signature are missing the beat.

That's probably why we'll be testing it first, then.

No, they won't go with the Voice App. It is only e-mail.
We talked about that very topic today for 2 hours.. they still won't budge.

Their general counsel was on the panel at the Nat'l Med Supp conference staunchly opposed to e-apps on principle..and he was on the panel for E-Apps where the overwhelming proof was how more legit they are than scribble on a paper.

(See: Steve Hendrich, Counsel, Aetna Senior Supplement Insurance )

SMH

Last edited:
Has anyone else been using the Aetna/Continental Life/American Continental/AHLIC e-app?

I've been told I'll be allowed to start using it, and my agents, but that it is not rolled out to everyone.

Just curious if others have any experience with it yet.

Not doing the pilot program. Frankly without a voice signature in my opinion it's of very little value. New Era has the best Eapp, and Equitable has a great process with the point of sale approval and an (almost) completely telephonic app, unless there is replacement involved. Which there always is of course. If there was a way to do both, have an eapp and a voice sig like with FE, man what a great system that would be. Continental needs to get with the times and at least an eapp if they aren't going to offer a voice app which I dont' believe they ever will.

In my opinion a point of sale approval would be even more value than an eapp, but unlike Daytonaguy our group isn't selling these over the phone so I can see where his needs would be different than ours.

I send a lot of business to Equitable that would go to CLI, because I don't want to chance doing all the CLI paperwork and then have to do a rewrite to another carrier because of decline. Who has time for that?

Last edited:
Back