Aetna is Launching It's New Final Expense with Instant Phone Approval

If you work at all you will sell more than $1,200 weekly. Plus you don't want to be limited to selling all your leads with AmCont. You would get killed out there with other agents replacing all your biz. The first one that took over 40 units of insulin daily you would be screwed on.

Makes good sense.
Thanks all!

If you work at all you will sell more than $1,200 weekly. Plus you don't want to be limited to selling all your leads with AmCont. You would get killed out there with other agents replacing all your biz. The first one that took over 40 units of insulin daily you would be screwed on.

Very true! Options are better... Control your business

Lior Sela

Thanks for the responses. For some reason I never was e-mailed about them but just checked in to look at the posting now. I'm in Massachusetts. Called today and they offer 105% or 70% with a 1,000 piece mailing a week. Rates do look a bit high though. Don't need E&O and need a wet signature.
Do you have the contact information phone number if you could.

Last edited:
One policy at $35 monthly= $441 commish @105% One policy at &35 monthly=$294 commish@70%, plus a $440 lead drop= $734 ??? ----------

------snip------

1000 pc drop $440
1.2% return 12 leads

now to look at sales
of 12 leads should yield 3 or more sales, using above numbers
$35/mo sale at 105% = $441
$441 x 3 sales = $1323
$1323 - $440 lead drop cost = $883 profit

same 3 sales at 70%
$294 x 3 sales = $883 profit (no mail cost)

at 4 sales from same amount of leads
$441 x 4 = $1764 minus $440 lead cost = $1324 profit
$294 x 4 = $1176 profit

To me it looks like the break over point is 4 sales.

I just did the math again with a $50/mo sale, which I think is a little closer to the average and the gap widens to about $400 in favor of 105% contract.

$50 x 12mos x 105% x 4 sales = $2520 minus $440 lead cost = $2080 profit
$50 x 12mos x 70% x 4 sales = $1680 profit

ymmv

If you take the lead drop and only produce 1200/week you will not be getting that lead drop for much longer. Most shops require a minimum of $1700-$2000 per week if providing leads.

Are you basing this $1700-$2000 per week off of a 1% dm return? What if the area being mailed returns an average of .5%-.7% what would be realistic in estimating AP to write and how would you handle the quantity of pieces to drop for an agent.

This is why I think that any new agent should look at the numbers for their area before deciding what to take as far as commission level/lead drop. If their area is going to return less than 1% a reduced comp/lead drop plan may be in their best interest...doesn't mean they won't have to work for it though.

Are you basing this $1700-$2000 per week off of a 1% dm return? What if the area being mailed returns an average of .5%-.7% what would be realistic in estimating AP to write and how would you handle the quantity of pieces to drop for an agent. This is why I think that any new agent should look at the numbers for their area before deciding what to take as far as commission level/lead drop. If their area is going to return less than 1% a reduced comp/lead drop plan may be in their best interest...doesn't mean they won't have to work for it though.

Don't be a "slave" to the leads. Referrals, Referrals, Referrals...

You can get an average of 3% return if those DM leads are for Medicare Supplement (and write FE as well)

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

Are you basing this $1700-$2000 per week off of a 1% dm return?
snip

This is why I think that any new agent should look at the numbers for their area before deciding what to take as far as commission level/lead drop.
snip .

Where would a new agent find the numbers for their area before they do a mail drop?

Thanks,
Jim

VolAgent, They are in the process of being approved in Massachusetts hopefully by the first of the year. What is anyone's thoughts on their rates as far as how competitive they are. I been a agent for 22 yrs but out of the loop the last 7 yrs.
I just tryed posting a link to their rates but was unable as it said:

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 10 posts or more.
To be able to post links or images your post count must be 20 or greater. You currently have 5 posts.

So if anyone calls for info at (888)257-6488 and gets the rates kindly let me know what you think.

----------

Acually they are mailing much more pieces then Sarah mentioned per month:
Here is what it says in the link:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICATION IN FSI’s LEAD PROGRAM
Please review the following Terms and Conditions for your participation in the Lead Program. If you do not
“Agree” to these Terms and Conditions you will not receive Leads and will be removed as a participant in the
Lead Program.

I have chosen to participate in the Lead Program. In doing so I understand and agree to all of the following
Terms and Conditions before a Lead Piece will be provided to me:

The Lead Program requires 3 Final Expense sales prior to first mailing for new Agents.

The Lead Program requires the agent have at least $8,000 to $10,000 in Annualized Premium per
Month.

I will use the Lead Program to market FSI insurance products.

I will contact the consumer within 3 business days of receiving the Lead Piece.
If the consumer decides to apply for insurance I will submit an application only for FSI insurance
product.

I will provide FSI with information about the disposition of a Lead Piece within 3 business days of
contacting the consumer; my failure to do so will allow FSI, in its sole discretion to remove me from
participation in the Lead Program.

FSI, in its sole discretion, can modify or terminate the Lead Program at any time.
Agent may terminate the lead program and return to original commission schedule with 30 day notice.
Commission Level for Lead Program will be a 70% schedule.
FSI will mail 7,000 to 10,000 Lead Pieces per month.

Where would a new agent find the numbers for their area before they do a mail drop?

Thanks,
Jim

If you were going to do your own mail you could contact one of the mail houses, including Chris at The Lead Connection. Do a search on the forum for The Lead Connection. He should be able to give you some return statistics for your area if he has mailed in your area before.

VolAgent, They are in the process of being approved in Massachusetts hopefully by the first of the year. What is anyone's thoughts on their rates as far as how competitive they are. I been a agent for 22 yrs but out of the loop the last 7 yrs.
I just tryed posting a link to their rates but was unable as it said:

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 10 posts or more.
To be able to post links or images your post count must be 20 or greater. You currently have 5 posts.

So if anyone calls for info at (888)257-6488 and gets the rates kindly let me know what you think.

----------

Acually they are mailing much more pieces then Sarah mentioned per month:
Here is what it says in the link:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICATION IN FSI’s LEAD PROGRAM
Please review the following Terms and Conditions for your participation in the Lead Program. If you do not
“Agree” to these Terms and Conditions you will not receive Leads and will be removed as a participant in the
Lead Program.

I have chosen to participate in the Lead Program. In doing so I understand and agree to all of the following
Terms and Conditions before a Lead Piece will be provided to me:

The Lead Program requires 3 Final Expense sales prior to first mailing for new Agents.

The Lead Program requires the agent have at least $8,000 to $10,000 in Annualized Premium per
Month.

I will use the Lead Program to market FSI insurance products.

I will contact the consumer within 3 business days of receiving the Lead Piece.
If the consumer decides to apply for insurance I will submit an application only for FSI insurance
product.

I will provide FSI with information about the disposition of a Lead Piece within 3 business days of
contacting the consumer; my failure to do so will allow FSI, in its sole discretion to remove me from
participation in the Lead Program.

FSI, in its sole discretion, can modify or terminate the Lead Program at any time.
Agent may terminate the lead program and return to original commission schedule with 30 day notice.
Commission Level for Lead Program will be a 70% schedule.
FSI will mail 7,000 to 10,000 Lead Pieces per month.

Sounds terrible... Why anyone would take a 70% contract, be required to put all biz through them, required 8-10,000AP/mo, etc etc etc. :nah: Drop some cash on mailers at 105-125% contract on your own. You have to learn the fact that you OWN and RUN your business, which takes you investing in yourself (leads). :idea:

Back