Aetna: Medicare Sanctions Won't Lift Before the AEP

AgentPipeline

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
It looks like Aetna’s CMS sanctions will not be lifted before the AEP. Here is a link to a WSJ article.

Aetna has always been a good company to work with, especially in their core markets. It will be interesting to see how they do after CMS lets them back into the market. There are at least 15 markets Aetna will have very competitive Medicare Advantage plans for 2011 (...if the sanctions are lifted).

It looks like Aetna’s CMS sanctions will not be lifted before the AEP. Here is a link to a WSJ article.

Aetna has always been a good company to work with, especially in their core markets. It will be interesting to see how they do after CMS lets them back into the market. There are at least 15 markets Aetna will have very competitive Medicare Advantage plans for 2011 (...if the sanctions are lifted).

It's a shame because certain marketplaces really need the competition and options that Aetna can offer. I don't think that the Aetna management really knows what it is doing. How could they not know that it a CMS rule to continue any maintenance meds for its new members? They've also messed up on quite a few things over here in the San Antonio market, promising and not delivering, accidentally disenrolling members (oops), etc.

I'd be selling any AETNA stock asap. With them being out of the market during AEP they are losing a large chunk of cash flow.

It's a shame because certain marketplaces really need the competition and options that Aetna can offer. I don't think that the Aetna management really knows what it is doing. How could they not know that it a CMS rule to continue any maintenance meds for its new members? They've also messed up on quite a few things over here in the San Antonio market, promising and not delivering, accidentally disenrolling members (oops), etc.

And none of these are agent violations.
  • Sorry CMS!
  • Sorry Secret Shoppers (SSagents)!
  • Sorry overly anti-agent zealot carrier compliance officers!
  • It's not the agents! :nah:
Maybe we should spend the tax payers money on witch hunts of carriers internal operations and stop spending it on Scope's and SSagent's!

Let's contact our US House Representatives and ask them to save the tax payers money by eliminating this double layer of agent compliance bureaucracy. Give the states the authority over agent compliance. They are much better at it and much more cost efficient! :idea:

Here we go again! Time to call those Congressinal offices and lodge your complaint against CMS and their regulatory misfits.

Impedes economic progress that this country desparetly needs, confuses seniors, massive waste of paper. and I could go on . You all get it. Complain to those fine legislators. You'll be surprised how uninformed they are.

Back