Aetna Medicare Supplements

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I have just started targeting T65 here in FL. I wrote a couple of smokers with Aetna because according to the Agent Checklist it states quote preferred rates for OE/GI. Well the policies were issued tobacco rates so I inquired what went wrong. It turns out that FL is the only state that this rules doesn't apply. And no they will not make an exception for me even though their material stated otherwise.

Attachments

• checklist.pdf
    237.4 KB · Views: 7
Are they still in the time frame for OE/GI? If so, you could possibly write them with another company. That would be the path of least resistance.

Aetna still has the lowest rates for female smokers, but I thought I was saving them over $20 monthly. Now I am hoping they don't think I don't know what I am doing. .

I have just started targeting T65 here in FL. I wrote a couple of smokers with Aetna because according to the Agent Checklist it states quote preferred rates for OE/GI. Well the policies were issued tobacco rates so I inquired what went wrong. It turns out that FL is the only state that this rules doesn't apply. And no they will not make an exception for me even though their material stated otherwise.
That's odd, they've always given non smoker rates to me in this situation and I mark that they smoke.

I think it's the state that determines whether they have to give non smoker rates and I'll bet that Florida doesn't require them to do that.

I'd take Stephanie's advice and try another company. I'd aso call Aetna's UW dept. and ask again. If you talk to another person, you might get a different answer.

None that I know of. I thought had a niche with Aetna, but I was wrong. I even asked my up line when I read this on the checklist and he said great.

I second calling their underwriting. I've gotten different answers from different people with the same company for multiple companies.

I don’t know of any company in Florida that gives tobacco, non-tobacco rates at age 65.

Every Tabacco t65 that I have written has been at a tobacco rate. I never even knew some states allow you to not pay a tobacco rate if you smoke until now.

Every Tabacco t65 that I have written has been at a tobacco rate. I never even knew some states allow you to not pay a tobacco rate if you smoke until now.
23 states don't require the tobacco question to be answered. Here's a list. When I copied it it was in 2 colums and when I pasted it it blended them together.

State
AK
Y
MT
Y
AL
Y
NC
N
AR
N
ND