Aetna question

HealthGuy

Guru
1000 Post Club
With all the talk about Aetna on the forum, when will they be in states like Wisconsin where they dont now offer individual policies? Its wierd, in Wisconsin they do group, but not individual - why?

I can check and let you know, that is one state I thought was coming early 2009 or maybe I am mixing it up? WI is a great market IMHO.

I know they are pretty aggressive on nationwide roll out right now. Some states are better than others of course. In most states their $5000 deductible co pay plan is really a great price, the other plans can vary depending on the market.

Shameless plug - I have Texas Aetna contracts if anyone needs them. Tiered to 20%, paid direct.

With all the talk about Aetna on the forum, when will they be in states like Wisconsin where they dont now offer individual policies? Its wierd, in Wisconsin they do group, but not individual - why?

Companies like Aetna, who are national in nature and not state specific, are ones to be careful about. Especially in the IFP market.

There is likely something about WI that they don't like. We saw this same thing in CA about 5 years ago, they just dumped out of the market and took off.

They hired a couple of people from Wellpoint and re-established IFP in CA, but I am always leary that they might leave again.

In some states, Aetna has more in and out than Linda Lovelace.

Taking everything into consideration Aetna is by far the worst company I've worked with:

1) No live prescreens
2) Incessant commission problems
3) Incessant billing problems
4) Call for suppport, often the entire dept is in a meeting
5) Worst online app - period

In MD, however, they become a necessity in some cases since they don't rider conditions. I'm not going to let my personal problems with a carrier affect coverage my client needs to obtain.

Latest posts

Back