Aetna Rollout

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Aetna changes their plans in GA in July. Got an email today.

• 13 New Individual Major Medical Plans
  • New Rating System
  • New Quoting, Application and Tracking System
  • New Underwriting System
I did get a hint a month or so ago that they were changing the underwriting loads to 10% increments rather than 25% adn 50%. Other than that, no clue.

What changes has Aetna done in your state this year?

In Texas they are eliminating the $1500, $1000, and $500 deductible and adding a $0 deductible.

Single year age brackets as well.

Personally - I think Aetna is outstanding and a SERIOUS long term player.

I'll take a rate reduction first

aetnayf6.jpg

Single year in Ohio as well. I'm going to miss putting my ads in the local paper that read:

"ATTENTION: If you are a smoking female in good health, ages 39, 44, 49 or 54....I have a great health insurance deal for you"

In most states I sell in Aetna price is far better than United.

Remember in MD Aetna covers full maternity for some reason United does not?

No - and no one can explain it to me. It is clear in the 58 mandates that maternity is one of them.

Now, upon calling GR on this in '04 they told me they do not have to comply with the mandates since they are association-based.

Assurant claims that even though they are assocition based they have to offer it.

Coventry is domiciled. They do not offer maternity however offer infertility which is a mandate.

Upon calling Assurant they told me they don't have to offer infertility because of how they're filed.

Back to Coventy - asking them why they offer infertility but not maternity since it's mandated also. No reply.

I am not sure the need for mandates when anyone broke and irresponsible gets such great cheap or free socialized medicine in MD - the mandates become a very minor issue in the big picture.

not sure why anyone in MD needs health insurance. Get sick? Apply for MHIP.

That, of couse, is extreme. If have any type of accident without coverage MHIP won't pay retro.

However, when there's little incentive to get coverage and MHIP becomes more well known I'll be getting "well John, if I get cancer I'll just go on MHIP."

Also, trying to figure out now why anyone in MD need meds covered on their plan. Accident? Illness? Prescribed meds? Off to MHIP.

Back