Aetna Vs. Assurant...

Just the cap on DBE will send someone into BK - go look up the cost of a heart pump. If you want me to drive it home - here:

The Cost of Health Care in America: System of Dilemmas

"It was someone from the patient's health insurance company. His policy covered heart transplants, but not the cost of the mechanical pump. At the end of the operation, someone was going to owe a small fortune -- and the insurers were insisting that it would not be them."

This not saying Aetna "sucks" is "great" or any other company is better or worse. Just pointing out some Aetna flaws in MD.

They're also very annoying when it comes to pre-screens and talking with the broker support reps. Need a pre-screen......not a problem.....e-mail us and we'll get something out within 24 hours....Got a question....not a problem.......give us your social security number so we can verify it's you. Sure....my number is 444-22-Go %##$ Yourself!

Actually they've great improved on the email pre-screen (they abhor agents too much to actually have an agent call) and normally they email me back with "we'll likely need medical records" in 30 minutes. Of course, in MD clients are responsible for getting their own records. Aetna's too busy for that. In all cases where the condition is "run of the mill" like well-managed HBP, cholesterol and other conditions I'd don't even bother emailing them since they pretty much follow their guidelines.

Every pre-screen I have done has taken them 24 hours to complete. Customer service my ass. They're right below GR when it comes to that.

I have always received pre screen email replies back from Aetna after only a few hours. I don't object to giving them my TIN, they already have it on record anyway. When I call the Agent support line, they are very friendly and helpful - I have 0 problems with them thus far.

They are night and day from when they came into MD in Jan. of '05. Commissions where a cluster**** and agent support was non-existent. I put my nieces on Aetna and my sister didn't get drafted for 4 months, then drafted 4 months at once, then claimed she her daughters didn't have coverage. I got that fixed....after about 10 phone calls. They paid an entire month of my commissions to another broker due to an "error" and it took them 60 days to give me the commish.

However, they are near flawless now. Pay is right on the money, customer service is fantastic and agent support is great. They announced a great bonus program and I was very excited until they came out with the new MD rates.

And that is why, whatever niche you're in, you have to run with a team of companies. They all drop current plans, rei-invent new ones, jack up rates, or intro a new product with low rates and low commis for you.

Fun, huh? Wish I had become an optometrist.

And that is why, whatever niche you're in, you have to run with a team of companies. They all drop current plans, rei-invent new ones, jack up rates, or intro a new product with low rates and low commis for you.

Fun, huh? Wish I had become an optometrist.

Exactly what I've seen. They all re-invent themselves, come out with new plans and lowball rates - slowly jack everything through the ceiling, then rinse and repeat.

Back