Aetna Vs. Assurant...

ok.....IN TEXAS a client can buy the same assurant plan from time....JA....or state farm apparently....world sorta does the same thing thru different marketing firms BUT are still called world.....what I want is this .... this is what bcbs,UC,assurant,celtic....ect.....not well here is assurant A..B ...C...yes they are all the exact same plan ....I don't know why they all don't cost the same.....gezzzz.....

Assurant doesn't market at all. I wish. Since 1892 and still no one's heard of 'em.

Back when CGI was still CGI, I got appointed through a GA and tried to transfer my Dad's book (he passed away in '04). They told me they could reroute the commissions to me. BUT, I couldn't administer the policies because they had been written through a different distribution channel. I also couldn't get appointed with that channel because I was already appointed in my own channel. No crossing channel lines!

What this resulted in was a situation where I was allowed to bank commissions on 5 or 6 clients but could not call CGI on their behalf and could not even get their updated contact info. I have one client who moved, is not in 411, is not traceable by other means (other than a PI, probably). I've never talked to him, don't know how to find him . . . and yet I get approx. $20/mo. from his policy. Huh?

I'll say this for American Community -- at least they've been the same company with the same name for 70 years and don't d/b/a anything else! Refreshing, actually.

Assurant doesn't market at all. I wish. Since 1892 and still no one's heard of 'em.

Perhaps it is because Assurant is a new name . . . about 10 years old. The only company in the Assurant fold with lineage over 100 years is Time.

Assurant has not done a very good job of branding themselves. Only agents who have been in the business a while appreciate a name like Time.

I agree and what I really can't stand is I can say "Time" all I want but "Assurant" is still stamped all over everything and the client ends up confused.

Back