Aetna, What Happened?

taterpeeler

Guru
5000 Post Club
I read somewhere that Aetna had layoffs. What happened?

For 3 days i have had problems getting tru to 'em. Been on hold forever, seems their hours of opperations changed by an hour. Hold times of 30 minn. Disconected calls when a three way was to take place with RSA medical....

Any comments?

This is (believe this is correct) the third round of layoffs in the last 2 years. They did the same thing last December and possibly one more time in the interim.

I have had similar issues with delays to the point that BX is playing the hare to their tortoise.

This is (believe this is correct) the third round of layoffs in the last 2 years. They did the same thing last December and possibly one more time in the interim.

I have had similar issues with delays to the point that BX is playing the hare to their tortoise.

Same thing with us. :skeptical:
Taking forever. Somethings up.
One single lady, pending now, no medical records requested, they just did a phone interview on 01.05.10 ... applied 11.30.09 ... ?

As previously announced Aetna is engaged in their new smart underwriting initiative and plans to nearly fully automate underwriting process. I was told at a meeting 6 months ago this would happen.

With companies going out of business and cutting benefits most health insurance carriers are having to let employees go. The Medicare market getting tougher and less profitable is not helping things either.

If they have fully implemented robo-underwriter it doesn't seem to be working very well. They tested it with human back up through most of 2009. Even their pre-screens are inconsistent.

I sent a request, got an offer that was ludicrous. Submitted again the next day. Same information, proposed offer was 40% lower than the original.

If they have fully implemented robo-underwriter it doesn't seem to be working very well. They tested it with human back up through most of 2009. Even their pre-screens are inconsistent.

I sent a request, got an offer that was ludicrous. Submitted again the next day. Same information, proposed offer was 40% lower than the original.

Aetna needs to fire their entire computer staff and start all over. It took them years to get online applications going without dropping the agent.

Aetna needs to fire their entire computer staff and start all over. It took them years to get online applications going without dropping the agent.

Gave up on that after a while.
Ooooooh ... big hurdle?
Fax / pdf file the app. over.
Just tell them you would save them the tedium of the online process ...
If the client is with you, they're with you, if not ...

If every agent did that, perhaps they would catch a clue and fix the dat gum process?
The only one that got it right is humana.

P.S. that lady mentioned earlier (app. sent in on 11.30.09 / received 12.01.10) is still pending ...
Got a "nice" email from her over the weekend.
Stupid yenta let her other coverage lapse of course before applying ... same ol same.
Her old man is 6 - 275lbs ... with anonther carrier. You know the type. Everyone else is to blame for their irresponsibility.

Last edited:
I got contracted with them but have no representation with them. So I ran quotes both on the individual and group plans and decided that until they get representation in my state I am not going to sell them.

With them laying off people it does not look good that I will get a sales rep.

Back