Aetna's New Changes to GI Commission?

jdeasy

Guru
5000 Post Club
Hanson, Ky
Anyone know what those changes are. Got the email last week about new commission rules on GI and U65 business. They said to check with your upline for details.

I called Scott and he said he had not been given the info. Does anyone have it?

Anyone know what those changes are. Got the email last week about new commission rules on GI and U65 business. They said to check with your upline for details.

I called Scott and he said he had not been given the info. Does anyone have it?
I got an email I can't find now that had it. I'm pretty sure it said .75%.

I got an email I can't find now that had it. I'm pretty sure it said .75%.

Did you intend to put the . in front of 75%?? As in 3/4 of a percent?

They cut it to 50% on GI a year or more ago. I don't know what they did on U65 then.

I did find the memo from them. It did not include percentages, just that GI comp is changing, amount varies by state, with CO, IN, OR, SC, and WI excluded. It was forwarded by my FMO with a note that in most states the street level comp for GI will be .75%.

----------

Did you intend to put the . in front of 75%?? As in 3/4 of a percent?
That's they way I interpreted it from the email I got. 3/4 of 1%.

Seems like CLI did something similar in Georgia. Could be wrong, but I think they paid full comp on GI then later reduced it to 50% of regular commission. Might have had another reduction after that as well.

AHL replaced CLI here and has been paying 50% of regular comp on GI. No idea about U65 since I have yet to run into anyone who can afford the premiums on their SSDI check.

Carriers are pulling in their horns on GI. New Era reduced GI from $25 one time to $5.

AHL has been my go to carrier for GI. Might have to start refusing it. Or find someone else that pays more than $0.

Seems like CLI did something similar in Georgia. Could be wrong, but I think they paid full comp on GI then later reduced it to 50% of regular commission. Might have had another reduction after that as well.

AHL replaced CLI here and has been paying 50% of regular comp on GI. No idea about U65 since I have yet to run into anyone who can afford the premiums on their SSDI check.

Carriers are pulling in their horns on GI. New Era reduced GI from $25 one time to $5.

AHL has been my go to carrier for GI. Might have to start refusing it. Or find someone else that pays more than $0.

UHC....but they are 20% higher than most

IIRC - New Era is also only paying one time $5 for their underwritten U65 business - not just GI.

I wonder how long before these carriers offer us $5 for open enrollment biz.

how long before these carriers offer us $5 for open enrollment biz.

Doubt that will happen as long as AARP *UHC*, BX and the current Omaha flavor dominate 70% of the market. The little guys still need us to peddle their product.

Back