Affordable Care Act and Medicare PreX

Where can I find the real proof that this is true? I'm a young (very young) agent who is having hard time getting seniors to trust my statements, and need legal proof for just about everything i say.

While I understand it's nice to have something in hand to get to Seniors for reassurance, as you start out in your new career I'd highly suggest you don't make a habit of this and work much harder on a rock-solid presentation and showing them you are the authority in the conversation. If you can't do this over time you'll be retrieving and handing out a lot of information and working for free.

Your "hard time getting Seniors to trust your statements" isn't a lack pdf's you can email them, it's a lack of a skill that you'll need to work on. Great news is you're young. Studies have shown putting in 10,000 hours of hard work and training into your profession can put you in the top 5% in your field. Go for it.

I actually called an underwriter who told me that beccause of the ACA, they typically don't run screenings for Preexisting, if a policy has already been issued.

Then i asked the underwriter if they could direct me to a source and they of course couldn't. So that's what I found on line with a quik search.

BTW that was equitable underwriter and 2 MOO underwriters.

Edit: I want to be clear. Here's where I'm coming from. I had a Prospect who wanted to switch Medigap to save money. He was coming off of a plan F to a plan G. NOW in the "Choosing a Medigap Policy" from CMS, on pg 33, it states that if you've had a medigap plan for more than 6 months and you switch to a plan with the same benefits they can't write preexisting, elimination probationary..etc that's not verbatim. that's from what i can remember.

Anyway.. the key point is same benefits. F and G are a bit different. would that matter?

Ok. All this means is (IF) they are accepted and pass through underwriting (AND) the have previous cov them there Pre Ex will be covered day 1 and they will not have to wait 6 month waiting period before treatment for Pre Ex is paid by Ins Co.

----------

I actually called an underwriter who told me that beccause of the ACA, they typically don't run screenings for Preexisting, if a policy has already been issued.

Then i asked the underwriter if they could direct me to a source and they of course couldn't. So that's what I found on line with a quik search.

BTW that was equitable underwriter and 2 MOO underwriters.

If you have ever writing a policy that has been declined you would know that cant be accurate.

Yes/NO questions:

Does that Rule apply if Switching from F to G (or even N) about writing preexistings?

If yes, then how do you KNOW?

Yes/NO questions:

Does that Rule apply if Switching from F to G (or even N) about writing preexistings?

If yes, then how do you KNOW?

which Rule do yo mean?

If you mean will Pre Ex be covered (IF) Approved through underwriting.

YES

If you mean the Rule where no Underwriting is used as shown on that site?

No Such Rule exists Except for Open Enrolment (6 Months from the time medicare part B starts) Or GI situations.

Back