AFLAC...can This Really Be True ??

Senior Scratch

I have recently been considering re-entering the insurance business after many years in retail. While talking to the District managers they tell me that they expect every agent to hit the street by 7:30 AM and not stop until 5:00 PM. Now , I know it takes long hours and several years to get jump started in the insurance business, but I have never heard such expectations from anyone , including captive agents.
They also say they expect face to face contacts with at least 35 business owners EVERYDAY ! You must also post all daily activity on the company website for agents, I think they call it Success Trax...... and on Saturday morning all activity is sent to State office. A good work ethic and constant stream of activity is essential if success is going to be realized, I know ..... but this ???
They claim to have 39,000 agents( good grief !! )....I doubt if 3% are actually active...sounds like the old A.L. Williams scheme from the 1980's.
Any comments........?

PS: I have read most of the previous posts and I am not trying to bash this company, but does every agent in continental US hold a license with AFlac ??

Boy, Aflac must really be recuriting a lot lately, I would consider other options. Use the search engine on this forum to find out more on them.

"Do you miss me yet", G.Bush.

While talking to the District managers they tell me that they expect every agent to hit the street by 7:30 AM and not stop until 5:00 PM.

If you do this, the only thing that will happen is you'll get rich! If I were starting from scratch tomorrow morning with no clients and no revenue, that is exactly what I would do to get off the ground ASAP. Although, I wouldn't start with AFLAC.

35 every day is a bit ridiculous...unless they count simply dropping your business card off at the front desk as a contact.

If they mean 35 business owner contacts, that is ridiculous. In my experience, you would have to enter over 100 businesses to accomplish that number, and those are smaller businesses. If they mean walking into 35 businesses, that can be done within 3 hours even if you are not in a large industrial park. If in a large industrial park, it can be done much faster.

I'm not new, but I've rediscovered B2B this week. I have gone into 30 businesses every day so far this week and will be heading out shortly to get 30 more today. I've been generating some very strong life and health leads, I expect next week to be a monster week for me from cases opened this week going B2B. I haven't made a prospecting phone call all week except to a few referrals.

Aflac lost 70,000 accounts in the 3rd Qtr of 2009. They also lost their flagship account....that's right....you guessed it.....WalMart. They just started distributing a smear campaign against Colonial Life in an attempt to stop the bleeding. I guess people are just starting to not give a duck.

Actually Allstate got the Wally World account. Not sure, but I doubt Colonial pursued it too hard, not the right situation.

If the folks in Bentonville beat the dickens out of them over pricing, then losing that account cannot be too heartbreaking. Wal-Mart is a company destroyer...they are of the DEVIL !!

Back