Aflac

Med Whining, we have an offers section . . .

Additionally, I think the forum requires 100 posts before you can post in the offers section.

I started at 39 with AFLAC Take the training and branch out to other cos for life and Medd supp. Knocking on doors gets old after a while but the training is good. I worked in finance bus for 20 years before Aflac. You will be better off to sell other direct products

Are you allowed to sell other lines there, or is it a don't ask, don't tell scenario?

Oh boy. I am just starting with Aflac. So far it seems like a good idea...I'm nervous but since this is my first insurance gig, I gotta say I'm appreciating all the training, and they're pretty hands-on, just wondering if I can handle being such a "salesman". Cold-calling and knocking on doors seems like something for a 19 year old to be doing, not someone who's almost 40...

I worked for Aflac as an agent from 2009 to 2010 and I did very well. It was my first time selling insurance. I went after small businesses and made Rookie Associate of the year for Pennsylvania, made Triple Crown in 9 months, free trip to mexico and earned about $60,000 that year. I worked very hard to achieve this and I worked my business every day like I was going to a 9 to 5 job.

My original career background is IT and in 2010 I accepted a training contract for two years. In the meantime I let my insurance license lapse. My contract is over and now I'm study for the L & H exam again. I can't wait to sell Aflac again.

Do yourself a favor and don't sell for Aflac exclusively. Branch out. I must say u made 60000 in 2 years or less. Not bad but only top 5% of associates stay at top earnings. I too was rookie of the year plus other awards but this bus is not for me. I like direct business. Get that ck and fax in app make 115% comm on life. 18 on Medd supp. With Aflac you are telling. Not selling. They will use u up. Read post from other Aflac associates and u will see what I am talking about. Good luck

Do yourself a favor and don't sell for Aflac exclusively. Branch out. I must say u made 60000 in 2 years or less. Not bad but only top 5% of associates stay at top earnings. I too was rookie of the year plus other awards but this bus is not for me. I like direct business. Get that ck and fax in app make 115% comm on life. 18 on Medd supp. With Aflac you are telling. Not selling. They will use u up. Read post from other Aflac associates and u will see what I am talking about. Good luck

Thank you for your great input and I will definitely keep my options open moving forward.

If you are doing this on your own, which most likely you are, why not look into other companies (Assurity, Colonial, etc.) that have great products, no production requirements, and you own the business. In addition, you can then sell all of the ancillary business too that is employer paid like life, disability, dental, etc.

Try not to pigeonhole yourself if at all possible unless the company is giving you something you cannot get on your own.

Best of luck!

If you are doing this on your own, which most likely you are, why not look into other companies (Assurity, Colonial, etc.) that have great products, no production requirements, and you own the business. In addition, you can then sell all of the ancillary business too that is employer paid like life, disability, dental, etc.

Try not to pigeonhole yourself if at all possible unless the company is giving you something you cannot get on your own.

Best of luck!

David, thank you for sharing.

Hi, we are not selling leads. We are looking for licensed agents and other motivated reps to add "Health and Wellness" Benefits to their product portfolio. We actually offer leads (interest driven, spoken to leads) to qualified reps. The programs we offer include events, tele-med,identity and legal referral along with some amazing health , dental and vision plans. Again, we provide leads as part of the contracting process with us. Reps are needed in various parts of the country. :)

A typical AFLAC statement. BS

Back