Aged Auto Leads Closing Ratio W/Dialer??

I'm looking at possibly investing in some aged auto leads and using a dialer, but wanted to do some number crunching before I committed to anything. Budget is tight, ya know?

Looking for rough figures for closing ratios, ave cost per lead, potential aged lead sources & dialer sources.

Also, I figured auto would work out best since that has the ability to renew 2x per year instead of just 1x per year (home). But if anyone has any insight as to what they're doing, that would be great, too!

BTW, I have no experience using aged leads OR a dialer, but have plenty of experience using internet leads.

Your closing % won't change on aged using a dialer over dialing with your finger.

However, you will call a LOT faster, which increases ROI based on time needed to close deals.

The value of a dialer and really of a crm isn't that they increase your closing ratio. It is that if you follow a logical process to sell leads, they will allow you to track your leads and call them at a much higher rate of speed and track many more at once and keep them organized, which again increases speed.

I don't know auto numbers, I've found with aged leads I close around 4% on the gross. If you start with 100 leads, thats 4 sales. If you use your finger it'll probably take 2 hours just to call those once. If you use a dialer, you can call them all in 43 minutes just using a single line. Still have to factor talk time into it, but you can dramatically decrease the time it takes to work the leads.

What I like doing is loading aged leads into my dialer so that IF new real time leads aren't available that it fills time with them while waiting on real time leads. Without getting terribly technical, the way I'm set up my dialer pulls leads from the lists inside it based on the number of dial attempts, so if I load aged data as if 2 attempts were already made, they fall in line behind new data and when I don't have other things to dial they get mixed into the campaign.

I agree, the dialer just simply helps enforce a sales process.
Closing ratios will be all over the map for any given lot of aged leads, and like real time leads, will vary a lot with other factors.

I'd estimate a 1.5% close ratio. Keep in mind, with auto aged leads, you have leads were people just switched carriers, leads with bogus info, leads where people weren't serious, and then a few who procrastinated and are ready to talk now. You've lost the individuals who had to do something immediately to get their 'tags' renewed today.

You have to go for the multi-car, cross sell the home, life, type of deal. It also gives you a bunch of x-dates to work in 3-6 months.

Dan

Thanks ksigmtsu & djs; appreciate the input. I guess I wasn't so concerned about the dialer part, but more of a rough idea for closing ratio using aged auto leads, especially since I've never used them before.

Fromt what I've read, using a dialer allows you to work through them faster/more efficiently, hopefully improving your ROI.

Either of you know of any good sources for aged leads and dialer software? It seems "stellarprospects.com" gets pretty good reviews on this site. I've checked them out, and they seem to be reasonable for both leads & the dialer. But I would like to compare them with maybe 1 or 2 other places if possible. Any input would be great! Thanks again.

Some agents agents have told me they close 2% and other agents have told me they have even higher percentages. Some were using a dialer. Some were manually dialing.

i appreciate everyone's input. since i posted this, i've been doing some research and i think i need to modify my original question.

what i'm looking for is people who've used dialiers for aged leads and/or marketing lists. what are your rough figures for % of contacts, and then % of sales from those contacts.

for example:
starting with a 1000 name list
1) % or # of contacts/quotes/appts
2) % or # of sales from those contacts/quotes/appts

i know everyone and every situation is different, but i'm trying to get some rough figures here. should i expect a 1-3% contact rate and then figure in my closing ratio? or should i expect more like a .10-.50% contact rate and then figure in my closing ratio?

Why would the dialer make a difference? I know it can make it faster, but the numbers should be basically the same...

I'm curious as well.... though it would seem to me that it could swing DRASTICALLY from one set of leads to the next.

Dan

Why would the dialer make a difference? I know it can make it faster, but the numbers should be basically the same...

i know, poor wording choice for the title. i know the dialer should make things more efficient & have no impact on sales.

i'm looking more for rough contact & sales figures based on contacting large numbers of people (cold calling) in the auto and/or homeowners insurance market

The contact rate isn't bad usually, its the closing rate that is low.

I would say 20-30% contact rate without pulling data. 1-2% closing rate.

So why not just buy fresh leads and increase your ROI. I mean, spend time calling people that you have to convince into letting you re-quote them is kind of a waste to me. Fresh leads are looking actively - it makes sense unless your money is a little funny. Just saying - I try to make my prospecting more effective and aged leads are not the best in my opinion. Hope this helps!

How much is your dailer going to cost?

Back