Aged Medigap Leads

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Purchased 100 aged leads. About 15% turning 65, rest older. Leads are less than 60 days old. All internet generated with good info (name, DOB, ht, wt, tob use, address & email).

I assume these leads have been oversold and over-marketed, especially T65.

Looking for suggestions on a "soft" approach to gauge interest.

Thinking of an email with a grabber subject line, a post card with info . . . both of which would quote a rate based on data submitted.

And of course there is cold calling. Least expensive but my guess is not very productive but what do I know?

Never worked Medigap leads before, only IFP under 65 and I do know how to work that market.

My goal is to write 10 off every 100 which would generate a good ROI. I have already calculated lowest rates for F for each of the leads and might as well lead with my best shot (which I do any way).

Feedback?

Somarco, use Frank's suggestion's and his script-process. I believe they would work for internet leads.
That and I would drip on them, and send them a SOC with something personable written in it to brand and make yourself stick out.

It's not cold calling if they went online and filled out information.

Also, I know your a veteran health insurance broker, and your starting to break out in the senior arena, but I feel that you need to be more concerned about the senior, and to be there in more of a guiding fashion, helping them weed through all the junk plans, help them Understand Medicare itself. I think if you have that angle, calling them up would be no problem, after all, your trying to help them.

Last edited:
I haven't tried them yet myself, but I would think you have a fairly good shot at just calling them. As I'm sure you know some of these people just get bombarded with calls and quit answering the phone, a week later when most agents stop calling is a great time to talk!

Feedback?

Let me know how it goes. It will be interesting to see how you do since you don't sell any MA plans.

I have never bought internet leads for seniors (real time or aged)
however, any time I have spoken to an internet lead who needed help with Medicare more than 50% of the time they were under 65 on disability and could not afford Fl's rate for a med supp, I understand GA is more affordable, I wish you all the luck.

I've not worked age leads (yet), though I'm thinking of giving it a try.

Personally, I would give calling a try with the soft sale approach, something like:

... I'm just calling to make sure you received the information you were looking for and to see if I can answer any questions for you.....

If I thought I could close 1 out of 10, I'd be buying these by the 100's. My guess, and its only a guess, is you are probably looking at more like 1 out of 50 or 2 out of the 100. Of course, any batch of 100 could yield different results.

My reasoning on this is there will be some that bought already and aren't ready to change (future propects), some bad contact info, some information gatherers, etc.

I'd be interested in how it goes. You have more time to work them than you do with realtime leads, which is the attraction to me.

Dan

Purchased 100 aged leads. About 15% turning 65, rest older. Leads are less than 60 days old. All internet generated with good info (name, DOB, ht, wt, tob use, address & email).

I assume these leads have been oversold and over-marketed, especially T65.

Looking for suggestions on a "soft" approach to gauge interest.

Thinking of an email with a grabber subject line, a post card with info . . . both of which would quote a rate based on data submitted.

And of course there is cold calling. Least expensive but my guess is not very productive but what do I know?

Never worked Medigap leads before, only IFP under 65 and I do know how to work that market.

My goal is to write 10 off every 100 which would generate a good ROI. I have already calculated lowest rates for F for each of the leads and might as well lead with my best shot (which I do any way).

Feedback?

My initial reaction is that your expectations are unrealistic. If you were working "aged" leads six to twelve months old I would say that the chances of attaining your goal would be substantially higher.

I would buy all of the 12 to 18 month old Med Supp leads I could get my hands on. However, I have not found a place where I get them in sufficient quantity.

Since they are still "new" leads and assuming those people have recently been "hammered" by agents, sending them something in the mail is, in my opinion, going to pretty much be a waste of time and money. The phone is going to be your best approach.

My approach over the phone is soft, conversational and non sales like. It is the most efficient way to determine if they are still interested. Make sure you get the name of their current company.

Why are you calculating rates for Plan F when you can suggest a plan that is going to be a better investment of their premium dollar? In GA plan F is going to be in the neighborhood of $300 per year more just to have the insurance company pay their Part B Deductible which is only $162. That doesn't sound like a wise financial decision to me.

Back