Agency Management System

I would think a thumb image, with the ability to click on it, and bring up the regular sized image. I use a point of sale program, and they added the picture ability for me, and now all their customers like the function. You could add your clients pictures to their profile, or their house, car, motorcycle, etc... Just another way to remember what they look like, or the property you are insuring.

Can you store scanned documents in the client file?

No I'm afraid it won't do that either. I have had very few requests for that function.

With all the information that can be put in the Clients database most agents feel that it really isn't necessary to also have a scanned copy of the application. (I have never found a need to refer back to the app.) Maybe that isn't the reason you are asking, if not, can you be more specific?

I'm sure that function can be added to one of the up-coming upgrades. Everything I add increases the cost a little and I am trying hard to keep the price under $300 for the single user version.

New functions are usually the result of a large number of agents using the current version telling me that the additional function would be very valuable to them.

Thanks for taking the time to ask the question. Being sensitive to agent requests is what is rapidly making YIO the first choice among L&H agents. I will be glad to consider that for future upgrades.

I would think a thumb image, with the ability to click on it, and bring up the regular sized image. I use a point of sale program, and they added the picture ability for me, and now all their customers like the function. You could add your clients pictures to their profile, or their house, car, motorcycle, etc... Just another way to remember what they look like, or the property you are insuring.

That sounds more like a function that a P&C agent would find valuable, I have never had a L&H agent ask that before.

Do you take pics of all of your L&H clients?

I have thought about doing that in the past but figured that the guy I went to see last summer, when it was really hot, might not want his pic taken. He didn't have air conditioning and was sitting in his kitchen wearing only boxer shorts.

That was an awkward appointment. He did buy though.

That may require a lot of additional programming. I would be interested in what other agents think. If it is something most agents would use and find valuable, I can look into it further.

This is the way YIO has grown. I appreciate any and all requests for changes.

I just wanted to mention that when I respond to a question my post doesn't show up immediately like it does in other sections of the forum.

Because it is in the Offers section all of my posts have to be approved first, and that is the way it should be with all those staring threads in this section.

Most likely I have responded soon after you posted the question, please be patient until the post appears. I'm not ignoring anyone. I really value your suggestions and opinions.

I was asking about the scanned documents because I'm trying to go to a paperless office. I run a multiline agency and keeping all paper documents I receive with the client file is important to me.

As a multiline agency, I second this comment. Without the ability to keep the paper with the client (scans in this case), for me, it's an almost non-starter. For me, it's not a nice to have feature, its a must have feature.

Client pictures are wonderful as well. I would imagine agents that have offices where clients come to them would be much more interested in this feature. And yes, I do take pictures of someone in front of their car they just bought. I put it on the front of a card, mail it to them, and thank them for their business.

Dan

I was asking about the scanned documents because I'm trying to go to a paperless office. I run a multiline agency and keeping all paper documents I receive with the client file is important to me.

Thanks for your input.

Having YIO on the discussion board is going to be a great value to me in keeping up with the needs and wants of agents using their computer to assist them in selling insurance.

I have talked to a lot of agents in the past about adding this function and most have said that they don't find it necessary with all the info they can put in YIO and probably wouldn't take the time to use it. However, the way we all do business is constantly changing and I want to have YIO keep pace with those changes.

I would appreciate input from other agents about the value of adding this.

Each additional function increases the cost, however, if enough agents really need this function it may be worth paying a little more for YIO to them.

The few agents who do scan apps have said that they create a folder in My Documents and save them there under the persons last name. Most of them agree that they hardly ever find a need to look up the scanned information. Any important information that there isn't a field for they say they put in the Comment box.

The guys who program for me have said that would take a fair amount of time to set that up with all the additional changes necessary that adding new functions require.

The one thing I have discovered in the last twelve years is that it is impossible to design a program that is exactly what each agent is looking for. I have tried to build enough flexibility into YIO so those agents having unique requests still have options.

I will definitely add it to the list for consideration for a future upgrade. It may even be possible to add it as a separate module that can be purchased for an additional charge if only a few agents have a need for it.

As a multiline agency, I second this comment. Without the ability to keep the paper with the client (scans in this case), for me, it's an almost non-starter. For me, it's not a nice to have feature, its a must have feature.

Client pictures are wonderful as well. I would imagine agents that have offices where clients come to them would be much more interested in this feature. And yes, I do take pictures of someone in front of their car they just bought. I put it on the front of a card, mail it to them, and thank them for their business.

Dan

Your Insurance Office is primarily designed for agents selling L&H products. I understand that agents also selling P&C products have a much greater need for functions not commonly used by L&H agents.

I did some research and found one insurance program that at has scanning available at an additional cost. Actually, they have two separate options. Below is the information I copied from their website.

"All scanned items are accessed via the record to which they were attached when scanned into the system giving the user quick and easy access to the desired item(s). The Scanning Module ("Basic" Version) is available at a price of $295."

"The Advanced Scanning Module adds the ADF capability to the "Basic" scanning module that you may have already in use. Call today to upgrade for only $200 (if you have already purchased the "basic" scanning module) or to purchase the Advanced Scanning Module at only $495."

Either one of their options exceed the total cost of YIO.

The basic version of their program starts at $495.00 before any additional modules are added. They also have a P&C module that can be added for $595.00 plus an additional charge of $200.00 per year.

However, if L&H agents feel it is absolutely necessary, a separate scanning module can be added.

Last edited:
Back