Agency Management System

I am downloading your software to demo - I appreciate allowing demo that is great.

I am concerned your website says "Version 4.0 / 2005" - no offense but it is 2008, that seems to be an excessive period of time without a version change or update. Are you still investing in improving this software and when do you anticipate a new version?

Do the new versions cost money to upgrade?

Also am I correct that this system has no web based functionality?

I will check out the demo and thanks for answering the questions in advance.

I am downloading your software to demo - I appreciate allowing demo that is great.

I am concerned your website says "Version 4.0 / 2005" - no offense but it is 2008, that seems to be an excessive period of time without a version change or update. Are you still investing in improving this software and when do you anticipate a new version?

Do the new versions cost money to upgrade?

Also am I correct that this system has no web based functionality?

I will check out the demo and thanks for answering the questions in advance.

The next upgrade will be coming out later this year. It is in the works as we speak. (YIO has been upgraded four times since it was released to the public in 1999. That's about every two years.)

There has never been a regular schedule of when upgrades are released. I let the agents who are using the program tell me when they feel they need more features and functions. Since I'm a licensed producer I am always looking for things to add also. I don't make changes just for change sake.

I have two programmers I pay to make changes so yes, there is a cost for users to upgrade to the next version. Version 3.0 users paid $95 to upgrade to V4.0.

YIO is not an internet based program although I've mentioned it to the guys who program for me. As an independent agent using YIO I can see very little value in having an internet based program especially with v4.0 syncing client and prospect data to a PDA. I actually see more downsides than benefits. For me personally it would be a pain in the butt if it were internet based.

I'm not going to say that YIO may not someday be an internet based program but I can say it won't happen this year.

Do take a few minutes to review the User Guide. There is a big gray button on the Main Menu that says "User Guide". There are many features and functions the program has that a first time user will not even be aware of without reading it. Pay special attention to the filter/sort functions, I use them numerous times daily.

I have it on good authority that not only will the YIO update be free, but there will be a $25 rebate for forum members.

In addition, data can be input using a microphone rather than keyboard. You can also call into a toll free number which will connect to your computer so you can access the information via your cheap ass cell phone.

One more thing, it also will increase your gas mileage by 20%.

Rick

YIO is not an internet based program although I've mentioned it to the guys who program for me. As an independent agent using YIO I can see very little value in having an internet based program especially with v4.0 syncing client and prospect data to a PDA. I actually see more downsides than benefits. For me personally it would be a pain in the butt if it were internet based.

I don't understand why it would be a "pain in the butt" if it were internet based? Can you elaborate?

Are you going to continue to use an Access back-end database?

Are you moving to the .Net platform?

Have you tested this on the Mac or Linux platforms running Windows virtualization?

Will the new version run on Vista? Require Vista?

Has the new version been beta tested by a group of experienced users?

On a multi-user platform, to how many users will it scale?

Which PDAs will it run on?

What do you mean by "syncing to a PDA?"

Al

I don't understand why it would be a "pain in the butt" if it were internet based? Can you elaborate?

Are you going to continue to use an Access back-end database?

Are you moving to the .Net platform?

Have you tested this on the Mac or Linux platforms running Windows virtualization?

Will the new version run on Vista? Require Vista?

Has the new version been beta tested by a group of experienced users?

On a multi-user platform, to how many users will it scale?

Which PDAs will it run on?

What do you mean by "syncing to a PDA?"

Al

It would be a "pain in the butt" for me personally because when I travel I am frequently in locations where I would not be able to easily get an internet connection. If I need to use my data I want instant access to it.

People commonly use the argument that with internet based programs they can "access their data from anywhere" and "leave their computer at home". This is true, however, one still has to have a computer to view and easily work in the program. If I leave my computer at home that means that I am going to have to find a place that has a computer I can use and sit there and work in the program. That is not logical to me. Viewing the entire program on a small PDA screen would not work for me either. That is why YIO is designed to sync specific client and prospect data, the calendar as well as the information in the Comment box to any PDA.

Since your comments about Access I have consulted with four professional programmers and they all stated that for YIO, Access is a good choice. So, yes, it will still use Access.

Access has proved to been trouble free for the thirteen years that I have been using it for YIO. There have never been any glitches or problems with YIO and I have never had any problems when a new version is released.

It is so trouble free that I can afford to provide unlimited, toll-free phone support because if I get two phone calls a month for tech support I have received a lot of calls. There is no huge "learning curve" either. Anyone who can use a mouse and keyboard can load it and begin working immediately.

I have Mac users using YIO.

The current version, v4.0, runs on Vista and so will the next upgrade. YIO has run successfully on every version of Windows since Windows 95. We will make sure it will continue to do so.

The next upgrade is not ready for testing yet. However, yes, it will be throughly tested by several successful, producing agents, some with extensive computer backgrounds, who have been using YIO for a number of years. To date every new upgrade has been problem free when it was released.

In a network environment 20 users would be able to access the data. YIO is designed for the independent agent and the small agency, not huge agencies or insurance companies.

We solved the problem with the different operating systems that PDA's have by putting a button on the Main Menu that automatically exports specific client and prospect data as well as the entire calendar and all of the comments in the Comment box to Outlook. Once in Outlook the data will sync to any PDA.

What I mean by "syncing data" is, as soon as the data is exported to Outlook it is automatically updated on my PDA.

I want a good clean fight. I gave you your instructions in the locker room. Obey my commands at all times, when I say break, that means break. Remember, protect yourself at all times. This is a non title fight. Lets do this. Ding

Back