Agency Management Systems - Eclipse Vs Doris

Hi everyone! I'm an agent at a small, independent insurance agency. We currently use Insurance Pro as our management system but are unhappy with it. We are looking to switch to Eclipse or Doris but would love some input. Definitely looking to keep the monthly cost down to about $150 or so. What do you think?
Thanks!:1smile:

Hi everyone! I'm an agent at a small, independent insurance agency. We currently use Insurance Pro as our management system but are unhappy with it. We are looking to switch to Eclipse or Doris but would love some input. Definitely looking to keep the monthly cost down to about $150 or so. What do you think?
Thanks!:1smile:

Hi Sunshine, I was wondering if you ever made a decision, and if so what feedback you can give. I just recently signed up with Applied for their Doris system, and will be getting started later this month.

I've used the Applied Doris Management system for a couple of years now. It was slow going at first because of our older CSR's didnt like change. Once they realized change was happening and they were fixing to be out of a job they learned it quickly. Everything runs pretty smooth and i am happy with it. We don't use it for accounting because I use Quickbooks. Although the accounting looks pretty simple, we just havent had a need for it. 99% of our policies are direct bill now so there is no real reason to switch. Most of our companies download/upload into it with exception to a few small mutuals. I would recommend it, but you have to jump in with both feet and run with it for it to work.

I've used the Applied Doris Management system for a couple of years now. It was slow going at first because of our older CSR's didnt like change. Once they realized change was happening and they were fixing to be out of a job they learned it quickly. Everything runs pretty smooth and i am happy with it. We don't use it for accounting because I use Quickbooks. Although the accounting looks pretty simple, we just havent had a need for it. 99% of our policies are direct bill now so there is no real reason to switch. Most of our companies download/upload into it with exception to a few small mutuals. I would recommend it, but you have to jump in with both feet and run with it for it to work.

That is great - what are your general costs for Doris each month?

I been using DORIS Online for 2 years now. It is very simple to use. We pay $200 for 2 users. It downloads with most California carriers. The Acord forms are great. However, the system does not populate the downloaded information into the forms. Or at least I haven't figured out how to do that. So I have to enter all the information in with every certificate and application.
It does look and feel antiquated (older). The other downside is that it does not generate reminders for you. Such as pending cancellations. You ( the administrator) will have to manually separate every download. Figure out if the account already exist to avoid double input. Enter which agent it belongs to and then make a list of pending cancel or changes coming in to be able to create a reminder (diary).
The accounting is a plus. However, I am not taking advantage of it.
I looked into quomation but it's the same as DORIS just more up to date in the feel. Also looked at ITC but the rep. Has yet to answer questions I have.
Hawk soft seems to have the auto reminder set up and auto populate for Acord and it works with more personal lines carriers. However, set up fees are $1500.
Any suggestions out there?

adde
I been using DORIS Online for 2 years now. It is very simple to use. We pay $200 for 2 users. It downloads with most California carriers. The Acord forms are great. However, the system does not populate the downloaded information into the forms. Or at least I haven't figured out how to do that. So I have to enter all the information in with every certificate and application.
It does look and feel antiquated (older). The other downside is that it does not generate reminders for you. Such as pending cancellations. You ( the administrator) will have to manually separate every download. Figure out if the account already exist to avoid double input. Enter which agent it belongs to and then make a list of pending cancel or changes coming in to be able to create a reminder (diary).
The accounting is a plus. However, I am not taking advantage of it.
I looked into quomation but it's the same as DORIS just more up to date in the feel. Also looked at ITC but the rep. Has yet to answer questions I have.
Hawk soft seems to have the auto reminder set up and auto populate for Acord and it works with more personal lines carriers. However, set up fees are $1500.
Any suggestions out there?

I want to be clear - I am doing consulting work for the vendor I am going to discuss - I have also done consulting work for several of the vendors that are mentioned here frequently. That said this is the first vendor who seems to "get" the small agency market:

QuikFuzion has developed a management system geared to small agencies - It uses the latest development technologies, Latest Ivans and ACORD technologies, and has priced it right. Base price is $69/month for 3 users - they use AWS as their technology partner (the most advanced and secure available). I think DL is about $20/month - QuickBooks is the accounting provider.

The training takes about 30 minutes (which should say something about how easy it is to use), and currently no setup fee's - conversion of data could have some kind of minimal price - I am not sure.

Insurance Agency Platform

Last edited:
Back