Agency Producer v. Agency Owner (Poop or get off the pot)

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Life is so long. If I could go back I would have worked something out with a local independent. Not even local but someone that would give me a shot and let me build a book and buy it or merge it out of their ahenxy into my own. At least that way I might have some instant income from existing relationships and some closer mentor ship and structure. Anytime along your journey if you want to chat I’m here to answer questions!

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Life is so long. If I could go back I would have worked something out with a local independent. Not even local but someone that would give me a shot and let me build a book and buy it or merge it out of their ahenxy into my own. At least that way I might have some instant income from existing relationships and some closer mentor ship and structure. Anytime along your journey if you want to chat I’m here to answer questions!
Same

If you go off by yourself getting carriers for P&C is not the easiest thing to accomplish. Even with an aggregater it can be difficult in many different ways.

Life & Health is different in that every carrier will appoint you no problem. Atleast 80%+ of them and you can land some solid appointments easily.

How long have you been an agent?
I started in the business 19 years ago and got going on my agency in 2005... which was over a year after I proclaimed "I'm starting my own agency"... I got a hard lesson in what a business plan was, market analysis was just fancy words to me back then, and even though I had 4 to 5 years experience, I wasn't AT ALL prepared. I learned WAY too many lessons the hard way, but I am stubborn at best and survived. If I had the opportunity, it would have been better to cut my teeth with some guidance... How about you NC? For that matter, how about you William, how long have you been a producer?

I’m a hybrid agent I guess. Rent an office space in Asheville but 60% of my business is upstate SC. I’m back and forth. Agency in WNC and live in upstate SC. Long story. Coming up on 1 yr in business. So many lessons learned the hard way. Some of them can’t be learned until you are doing it. Like the old saying “you don’t know what you don’t know”.

I started in the business 19 years ago and got going on my agency in 2005... which was over a year after I proclaimed "I'm starting my own agency"... I got a hard lesson in what a business plan was, market analysis was just fancy words to me back then, and even though I had 4 to 5 years experience, I wasn't AT ALL prepared. I learned WAY too many lessons the hard way, but I am stubborn at best and survived. If I had the opportunity, it would have been better to cut my teeth with some guidance... How about you NC? For that matter, how about you William, how long have you been a producer?

I was in the same position as you are now - nothing to be afraid of. If you have 3-6 months of expenses on your own, and 1 year to cover office expenses, go all in. Most of the times you'll hear "you need dozens of years of insurance experience", but it all depends on how outgoing and extrovert you are.

A young low 20s male with past tech and car biz experience and 1 year insurance experience opened on his own. Now I am on my way to a good book of business with a high retention and close rate.

The easiest way is joining a cluster with low to no monthly fees, a good split, and no non-compete. If you need further assistance, it'll be my pleasure to guide you to the right direction.

Back