Agency purchase, buy book of business?

tgmnsales

I have a unique situation. I am independent agent with my own book. However, I work part time for another agency as a W-2 employee. This was meant to be a temporary situation, but four years later, I am still there. The agency has four employees and has a book worth about $800k The owner has been dealing with a serious illness over the past few months and there is a possibility that she will have to permanently reduce her involvement in the agency. The full time agent who is slated to be her successor has voiced to me privately that he is not really interested in taking over the business. I don't feel I am being adequately compensated for taking on more work right now, and I want to figure out what my options would be, should the owner not be able to return to work. I would like to concentrate more on my own book, but would like to get some feedback from other agents about what I should consider proposing should this agency owner not be able to return to work. Due to the sensitivity of this situation, I don't want to give too many details and I am open to you messaging me as well. I just really need some guidance.

Well people need details to give their opinion.

P&C? Medicare? Health? Commercial?
800k in premiums or $800 in renewals ?

Oh and please don’t PM me.

Not sure about your state but you may want to not include Indy Health in your decision. I wouldn’t count that money

Back