Agent coming back from 2 yrs. absence

JerseyGirl

Can anyone give some advice on who to sign with as an independent agent trying to restart my career as an life/health agent previously (a captured agent). There seem's to be many marketing companies out there claiming to the the next great thing for indep. agents. I'm confused about who to use to help me rebuild a book of prospects.:nah:.. Thanks all for your advice.

Can anyone give some advice on who to sign with as an independent agent trying to restart my career as an life/health agent previously (a captured agent). There seem's to be many marketing companies out there claiming to the the next great thing for indep. agents. I'm confused about who to use to help me rebuild a book of prospects.:nah:.. Thanks all for your advice.

Hummmm, guess you are not going to be selling a lot of individual health so.... Oh well, first question, what part of Jersey? Not like it is such a big State, originally I'm from Highands NJ, many moons ago.

I've been attempting a comeback since like 2000. I started in 1986 and had a little success in NY in 1988-89 then in TX in like 1991-94. Then not much since then. So, I cannot tell you how to make a good clean re-entry since I've been attempting it for like 8 years now. Not really attempting too seriously, I may add. Still have another job. I guess for me to really attempt a re-entry I may have to totally give up my other job, or, maybe not. That's my problem, not really committed. Maybe you are more committed. I guess I am back, at the level I'm comfortable with.
{ meanwhile, I kept up my brokering, and write a few here and there}

What is it you are wanting to sell? Most IMO's are BS.
Hi James,

A lot of what they do sounds like you can get better advice right here on this forum. Seriously, do you mind elaborating on what makes an IMO BS? I hear a lot of bad service/support etc. And the old runaround -- LEADS! LEADS! LEADS!, 6 months or longer to get releases from contracts, low commissions, etc.

So why even go to one? How's does an IMO differ from an FMO or any other marketing organization? Don't a lot of carriers supply the same support as most FMO's? Isn't an agency better for hand's on assistance and training than these marketing organizations? Thank you.

Jersey Girl...get yourself a Philly Inquirer... have a seat at Pozio's... order the turkey club and see whats out there... Sun Life on Rt 70 (if they are still there) used to be a good place to start... Metropolitan right down the street is also good... but they are both captive.

Like some of the others suggested, go to Philly if your'e looking to make a career offering health insurance since Jersey is a guaranteed issue state.

Back