Agent Of Record

Melo5457

Expert
I met with a person today that will turn 65 in June---She had already completed an application for a Medsupp with a Captive Agent to be effective June 1--so I come along and show her a better deal for same Plan...so she accepts the company and will be cancelling the other Plan ..This captive agent also enrolled her in a PDP, she wants to cancel that PDP plan, and then wants me to reenroll her. I am not so keen about doing that, but she insists that she does not want the Agent, because she is not keeping his suggested Medsupp Plan. What are your thoughts about this and would she just need to make a phone call and request me to be AOR? This PDP is not effective until June---maybe she can just cancel it?
Thanks for your input and advice.
Melo

I met with a person today that will turn 65 in June---She had already completed an application for a Medsupp with a Captive Agent to be effective June 1--so I come along and show her a better deal for same Plan...so she accepts the company and will be cancelling the other Plan ..This captive agent also enrolled her in a PDP, she wants to cancel that PDP plan, and then wants me to reenroll her. I am not so keen about doing that, but she insists that she does not want the Agent, because she is not keeping his suggested Medsupp Plan. What are your thoughts about this and would she just need to make a phone call and request me to be AOR? This PDP is not effective until June---maybe she can just cancel it?
Thanks for your input and advice.
Melo
1st of all, you should help her cancel the Med Supp through the carrier. I'd just have her change from a bank draft to direct bill and tell her to let it lapse. She might have to pay the other preemium once, but she'll be covered. Just make yours effective 7/1. That way, the new policy will be in force by the time the Bankers Life (just taking a guess) agent finds out. Less chance of him talking his way back in the house...even though at the moment she's done with him.

Why not just write her with a different PDP? Since he's captive, he only has one to offer. Or, as BADTROUT suggested, check with the PDP carrier. Some will do an AOR change if the policyholder wants..some won't.

I will check into that---I really dont like doing the PDPs---I appreciate the input from all.
Melo

Back