Agent with 20-44 License Wanting to Work for My Agency.

bill777

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I need your advice guys, my agency is new with few carriers that are not that competitive and today i had an old guy with a 20-44 license wanting to wok under my agency but i have to register him with the state that he works under me.

He said he doesn't wanna be in my office just bring me customers and split the commision.

To me it sounds good as he'll bring customers to my agency only i was worrying why he chose my agency even after i told him i'm not very competitive with progressive. I might be getting an appointment with assurance america next week are they as good as dairyland? many agents in my area tell me to get them only thing dairyland doesn't appoint in florida anymore.

Also about the guy with the 20-44 license what form i need to fill out for him to register with the state?

i know i can call the department of florida and find out but you could save me some time waiting over 1 hour to get someone on the line.

I need your advice guys, my agency is new with few carriers that are not that competitive and today i had an old guy with a 20-44 license wanting to wok under my agency but i have to register him with the state that he works under me.

He said he doesn't wanna be in my office just bring me customers and split the commision.

To me it sounds good as he'll bring customers to my agency only i was worrying why he chose my agency even after i told him i'm not very competitive with progressive. I might be getting an appointment with assurance america next week are they as good as dairyland? many agents in my area tell me to get them only thing dairyland doesn't appoint in florida anymore.

Also about the guy with the 20-44 license what form i need to fill out for him to register with the state?

i know i can call the department of florida and find out but you could save me some time waiting over 1 hour to get someone on the line.

Every state has it requirement in term of forms to fill out. Since I am in CA my state will not apply. Just stay on the line with the DOI and get the right answer..Thats your best bet.:yes:
</IMG>

440 CSR's have to be appointed to a principal agent in the state of Florida. 20-44's are the same thing as a 220 except they can not write commercial insurance. Not sure why a 20-44 would have to be registered to work under you; maybe appointed with the individual insurance companies.

440 CSR's have to be appointed to a principal agent in the state of Florida. 20-44's are the same thing as a 220 except they can not write commercial insurance. Not sure why a 20-44 would have to be registered to work under you; maybe appointed with the individual insurance companies.

thanks for the replies he said he can't be appointed with any companies and that he must work under an agency and to not lose the customers he had with the old agency he needs to be registered with a new agency so he can use my companies to transfer his clients.

He doesn't know what he is talking about. A 20-44 can be appointed.

Yes i call the departement of florida and he can have his own companies, so i guess he wants to register in my agency so he uses my E&O, cause i was surprised he insisted to work under me when i told him i only have progressive and i'm not that competitive, i would tried to find me an agency with many companies if i was him.
In other words he lied to me damn.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
One more thing guys to make sure he lied to me can i check with the departement of florida if he has any appointment?

Last edited:
Back