Agentra / Independent Truckers Group. Life Ins (Scam?)

BYOUNG843

You can't make this stuff up... Lead called looking to add 50k of coverage on her husband.
Just purchased a "Level 10yr 50k term" on a 69 y.o. for $114 - instant approval, no exam, no med questions.

Asked if she could grab the policy. I was very suspicious from the beginning.. She said the "agent" mentioned that since the co was overseas, it would take at least 3 mo to get the policy. Drafted twice already. Anyone know anything about them? Not much online

- She wasn't provided a policy number or given any type of documents
- Somehow all emails from the telesales "agent" are lost and will not return her calls
- Never voice/e-signed an app, nor asked about the beneficiary
- Her husband was never in trucking/transportation if he even qualified for a "benefit"
- Looked them up on BBB - not accredited all scam/fraud complaints

1st time I've ever told someone to cancel immediately even without having something in force. Any additional detail about them would be appreciated.

I believe the company may be legitimate if the same one I had an experience with. Not sure about the agent your clients are dealing with.

Several years back, I had a client that had died & along with our death claims filed, I assisted filing a life insurance claim with Independent Truckers Group. If I recall, they are some sort of a supplemental health group program and offer some guaranteed term life for smaller face amount on a group policy

Agentra offered for a brief time, a group policy using Transamerica. It did ask health questions. Could get coverage up to $100K, for a level 10 year term period

What is the legality behind the truck driver association thing? Like, does transamerica really give a shit at that point or are they being "fooled"? Obviously everyone and their mother were shoving deals through and the clients were not truck drivers hahaha

What is the legality behind the truck driver association thing? Like, does transamerica really give a shit at that point or are they being "fooled"? Obviously everyone and their mother were shoving deals through and the clients were not truck drivers hahaha

It was a group product, that is supplemental. Meaning an insured paid a monthly 'membership fee', and a premium for life insurance. I sold the product, all of my cleints got a policy. And they can call into agentra, and get customer service from them directly if needed

Right, I sold it as well, heard it was shut down over a money problem with transamerica (dont know who owed who) but I always wondered how Trans viewed it. Why call it a truck drivers association? Was there a wink and a nod from trans like "hey you have alot of truck drivers joining, keep it up" or did they not even know?

Right, I sold it as well, heard it was shut down over a money problem with transamerica (dont know who owed who) but I always wondered how Trans viewed it. Why call it a truck drivers association? Was there a wink and a nod from trans like "hey you have alot of truck drivers joining, keep it up" or did they not even know?

I heard because certain 'call centers' were selling it inappropriately . Meaning, telling clients to lie on the phone interview/call recording about the health they are in. Once Transamerica caught wind of it, they yanked it.

Certain call centers get ahold of products like this, and run them into the ground

That's the thing. Not only did I ask about his previous occupations, but is he signed up for a membership for that group, which they did not. A membership wasn't mentioned to them by the agent either - who stopped answering any calls after the sale and now "the number you called is no longer in service." Seems sketchy to me

Back